New Consultation to ban all swords

Sword and website news, including special offers and new products

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Wanderingblade

Re: New Consultation to ban all swords

Post by Wanderingblade » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:10 pm

Wanderingblade wrote:I think someone needs a hug. ;)
I think I need something a bit stronger than a hug, bend over and lube up sir :twisted:[/quote]

OK - but you'll have to wait until the Home office have finished.....................and if it's curved and over 50cm's it won't be allowed entry! :mrgreen:

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:16 pm

lol I'm stuffed then :mrgreen:

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:35 am

Not as stuffed as he will be :p

I signed every petition I found, but didn't write to any MP because I'm not a very eloquent person and I feared my bad wording would only make us collectors look bad. Just for the record.

cybernex

Post by cybernex » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:18 am

Strongly Seconded.

We both also handed around an email from a dealer whos name i'm not going to mention on this forum to every sword collecting friend i could think of who are not members of this forum with contact info on an MP at the home office who was totally against this ban, I even talked to a few members of the Sealed Knott about it.

So i don't want to hear anymore Noobs saying that us regs have been burying our heads in the sand while the big dreded ban passes us by!!!!! :evil:
Last edited by cybernex on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moon

Post by Moon » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:19 pm

Hatamoto wrote:Not as stuffed as he will be :p

I signed every petition I found, but didn't write to any MP because I'm not a very eloquent person and I feared my bad wording would only make us collectors look bad. Just for the record.
Just for the record...
Hatamoto wrote:Democracy is just the dictatorship you choose.

Exactly why I don't vote. I don't want to help anybody achieve their ulterior motives, and every party has enough to go around.
See what I mean about short memories.
I rest my case.

simonatack

Post by simonatack » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:22 pm

Hatamoto wrote:Not as stuffed as he will be :p

I can understand your feeling a lack of confidence in your ability to compose yourself as eloquently in your writing, as you can in speech Hat. But this should be no barrier to the freedom you have to express yourself and your point of view, regardless of eloquency. Given my experience of letters to my MP gone unanswered and the vague, untutored replies from her staff, on the phone and in person, I should'nt be too fazed about eloquency, if I were you my friend. THEY could do with some basic etiquette and education, themselves, in my experience. Your voice is as valuable as anyone elses. Never forget that fact!
Last edited by simonatack on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Explain how that equates to a short memory, Moon. I don't vote coz I don't trust any party. What's that got to do with my eloquence or representation of the martial arts/sword collecting community?

simonatack

Post by simonatack » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:40 pm

Well, not voting or getting a say on things, kinda makes you invisible, mate? At least, if you vote for the party you dislike the least, it would weigh in the balance against the other two pillocks!

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:50 pm

There are two attitudes to not voting. One is if you vote, you've voted against the known fools. The other is they're all fools, and if a fool gets into power you haven't affected that because you didn't vote. That's what I mean when I say I don't vote, I don't trust anybody to not be stupid about things, so I don't want to help anybody get into power. I know people disagree with that attitude and I can understand why, I can see how bad it looks if you don't agree, but that's just how I see it. I don't intend to debatei t, just wanted to explain why I do things that way.

Moon

Post by Moon » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:08 pm

Hatamoto wrote:Explain how that equates to a short memory, Moon. I don't vote coz I don't trust any party. What's that got to do with my eloquence or representation of the martial arts/sword collecting community?
I'm not going through all that again FFS...
I wrote:I've said it before to these people and I'm saying it again...If you can't be bothered to register,vote or write to your MP,that's if you even know who your MP is :roll: ...you've given up the right to complain about anything that this Government or any other has done or will do...
I don't vote for any 'Party'...I vote for the person who I think will represent me,my family and the constituency,where both you and I live,best in Parliament and if none of the candidates come up to scratch,mine is a protest vote for the person who comes closest even though he/she has no chance of winning just so the others don't become too complacent.
You've got a vote...use it or you may even lose that right one day.

simonatack

Post by simonatack » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Fair enough, if thats how you see Politics and the people who practice them Hat. But you forfiet the right to make a stand against a legislation and stop it from robbing you as well as the rest of us and it weakens every petition you sign, by giving the "enemy" the advantage of disclaimation of the true figures opposing him. You might as well sign every petition with a bunch of psuedonyms for all the good you'll do mate, sorry. I can't argue the point any further than this; its up to you to think on it and act, or let them do whatever the hell they like!

cybernex

Post by cybernex » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:06 pm

Youtube
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7YFZBVK-rPo&hl ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7YFZBVK-rPo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

simonatack

Post by simonatack » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:15 pm

Yeah, that kinda gets the message across...! Well done cybernex!

ancienttoaddefender

Post by ancienttoaddefender » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:02 pm

Youtube
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y7ezeNRbrIU&hl ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y7ezeNRbrIU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:wheels:

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:04 pm

Can we not have loads of video clips on the serious threads please thank you.