Samurai Sword Exemptions

Sword and website news, including special offers and new products

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Loz
Blades UK

Samurai Sword Exemptions

Post by Loz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Currently all UK dealers are in the dark with regard to what we can and cannot do when it comes to samurai swords (despite a few stateing otherwise). UK Chen have had a representative visit the home office for clarification this week and we are expecting some definitive answers by way of a letter reply in the next 1-2 weeks, Will let you know what's going on asap.

Also one of our colleagues spoke with Jonathan Batt not 10 days ago and he confirmed there was no other legislation on the cards so not sure about this new October deadline, though I think we can all see a complete ban following on very soon after this samurai travesty.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Re: Samurai Sword Exemptions

Post by Big Lazy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:25 am

Ah I'm just take this one day at a time.

cybernex

Post by cybernex » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:35 am

What will happen Loz is the Home Office will just Ammend the Bill in October to include all blades over 50cm, its how they managed to ban airsoft guns in the end.

Cynric Bretwalda

Post by Cynric Bretwalda » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:48 pm

I heard something rather disturbing on the radio yesterday, and just goes to show how this country is going further down hill, it was to due with a young man being stabbed to death, and I quote "with a 7 inch SWORD"

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:27 pm

The media is so full of idiots, it's like they only get into that area coz it's the only place people will listen to them instead of just giving them a hoofing. I read somewhere recently that it's only since April last year people started looking for knife-specific attacks, before that people being stabbed and cut were just treated as "blade" attacks in general, be it knives, swords, bottles, and etc. The good old days :p Only a matter of time though I suppose before they think to spoil things for the law abiding majority.

cybernex

Post by cybernex » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:35 pm

Last time i checked, a 7" sword was know as a Knife or a small Dagger, It just shows how far the stupid media are willing to push somthing to sell a story!

skippydm

Post by skippydm » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:38 pm

yeah but people selectively hear, you may be told a 40" sword or a 20" sword, what sticks in ya memory the word sword ;)

cybernex

Post by cybernex » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Yeah, It just reminds me of that stupid Sky report where the woman from MAN said it was a 9" blade then the Retarded Sky reporter said it was a 15" blade!

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:24 pm

Yea but Sky news= moopoo merchants.

Cynric Bretwalda

Post by Cynric Bretwalda » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:36 am

I've always had a similar argument with broadcasters/police when it comes to Dog attacks.
Pitbull this, rottweiler that, sod off.
The dog with the most attacks is the Lab/Golden Retriever.

You get some idiot saying they have a pitbull, and people believe them, a staffordshire bull terrier is not a pitbull.
When you see what dogs most idiotic teens run around with and annoy people with, they are simply Staffy cross breeds.

It's the same with blades, it really made me furious hearing the whole 7 inch sword crap.
I remember seeing some copper in a newspaper with a klingon blade, claiming it as a sword...I work with quite alot of coppers in my job, and the majority of them are fumbling moronic chimps.

Thus we are doomed.

cybernex

Post by cybernex » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:14 am

Cynric Bretwalda wrote:It's the same with blades, it really made me furious hearing the whole 7 inch sword crap.
I remember seeing some copper in a newspaper with a klingon blade, claiming it as a sword...I work with quite alot of coppers in my job, and the majority of them are fumbling moronic chimps.

Thus we are doomed.
Seconded!!

I find for every good cop there are always 5 poor cops who joined up for the authoritive power trip who if they had their own way would have declaird some sort of martial law ages ago.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:01 am

The only plod I see these days are the toy community ones who are only there to hand out fines.