buks new katana,s

Sword and website news, including special offers and new products

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

the blade master

buks new katana,s

Postby the blade master » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:40 pm

hey guys take a look at loz,s new katana,s especialy no,3 with the same on the saya
a real nice piece got mine check out the forged steel:D

Last edited by the blade master on Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Kalith

Re: buks new katana,s

Postby Kalith » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Hey there Blade Master,

I noticed this one straight away as well and am very tempted to get it. Now I've got 4 blades I'm after, decisions decisions >.<
Is it indeed folded steel? I couldn't really tell from the picture but if it is then even better.
How prominent is the hamon by the way, I remember the BUK katanas from before were suposed to be a little fainter than normal.

Number 6 is very tempting as well :D

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:44 pm

hi kalith
it is indeed forged steel the sword is based on a sea theme the tsuba is two lobsters facing each other the menuki are based on two sea dragons
real same on the tsuka the harmon is a little on the faint side the but hold the blade against the light and it will show itself quite clearly the blade has a slight satiny look to it but realy doese look nice, of the first six blades on show this is the one to go for take a real close look at the saya and you will see it has real ray skin on the first 8 inches from the koiguichi down over now that you only get on saya,s where the swords cost a hell of a lot more left click on the pic to get a bigger pic and you will see what i mean, no 6 was my second choice followed by 4 i see loz has a new hideoshi on show now as well, no7 the old one had brown rap this one has blue go for the one i have i.e. no3 you,ll not regret it i think he only had ten, now he only has nine so be quick :D
regards mick
ps loz has now put up his own discriptions and check out the three new additions since this reveue
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Cool McSerious

Postby Cool McSerious » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:46 am

Hey be sure to post some slick pics of that thing when you can! I'm mulling over picking it up (number 3 I mean) but I'd looooove to see some better pics first. I mean really love... The kind of love you feel when you have that first sip of lager after a long day. Those deep spiritual moments :D

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:10 pm

i,ll do what i can cool but the camera i have is abslute crap at taking
closeups the closeups loz has done are better than anything i can do at the moment
but take it from me the blade alone is an work of art as i said to kalith well worth the money
note the harmon looks as though its been done twice i.e. looks like a double harmon thats not a fault thats the way its been made
just a unusual harmon is all take a close look at loze,s pic and you,ll see what i mean.
regards mick :D

ps sorry cant do any better till new camera arrives at christmas
forum moderator

Cool McSerious

Postby Cool McSerious » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:03 pm

Still looks pretty great dude! The saya looks amazing.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:28 pm

belive me the pics just dont do it justice also take a close look
at no,s 5/6 no bo hi on no 5 now theres a nice blade too
forum moderator

Return to “Latest News”