Ken Clarke to drop Tory knife jail pledge

Sword and website news, including special offers and new products

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Ken Clarke to drop Tory knife jail pledge

Postby Big Lazy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:04 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11929401

Hmmm cant see this going down very well with the public. Saying that it will mean law abiding folk like us can carry a knife again for protection without fear of being sent to prison for 5 years.
Pimp or die baby!

Loz
Blades UK

Re: Ken Clarke to drop Tory knife jail pledge

Postby Loz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:17 am

Larnz mate, carrying for protection ain't a legal reason, that'll still end you up with a criminal record right now, but I did hear that a criminal needs to be convicted for over 100 burglaries a year in order to face jail time and that tory plans are to make it even more difficult to end up in jail, personally I think anyone convicted of 10 crimes should be told ' we don't want you anymore, stuck in a box and parachuted into the middle of the amazon
http://www.Blades-UK.com for your Swords

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:32 pm

amazon loz nah try the place where they have the im a celebrity get out of here
but without the get me out of here option i wonder if theyd put them on the spider whichity grub
kangaroo anus and croccdile penis menu :D
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Detsawm

Postby Detsawm » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Why they don't just set out a license scheme like they have with firearms I don't know. That way people who have been assesed and all that jazz would be allowed to carry a knife for protection and those that are just doing it to look cool can still get arrested. Still seems impractical I'll admit but it's better than judging everybody by the actions of the violence obsessed teens.
It wasn't me

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:03 pm

hi detsawn
to be honest i really cant see that idea working a licence to carry a knife for self protection nah i dont think so
they tried somthing similar in america a few years back california i believe where due to a missinterpration of the law
ordinary citizens where openly wearing firearms on the street the police had a field day / hard time arresting folkes for weeks after
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Moon

Postby Moon » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:49 pm

Detsawm wrote:Why they don't just set out a license scheme like they have with firearms I don't know. That way people who have been assesed and all that jazz would be allowed to carry a knife for protection and those that are just doing it to look cool can still get arrested. Still seems impractical I'll admit but it's better than judging everybody by the actions of the violence obsessed teens.

When was anybody in the UK ever granted a license to carry a firearm for protection? :S
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Return to “Latest News”