Design a throwing knife

Sword and website news, including special offers and new products

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Moon

Re: Design a throwing knife

Postby Moon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:59 pm

wtf? wrote:Bored and havent posted in a while, but here we go if this things still running....

Run for the hills Ma...Wraith is back in town. :D

How goes it Mr T? ;)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:46 pm

That's some sweet cgi skillz
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Heya Moon... I wouldnt say I'm back in town. I just get bored lately and saw something I could post on. lol

And Im alright thanks, doing an engineering degree... Hence the CAD and FEA. lol. Apart from that, im my old self really... Still antisocial, abrupt and bad around... Y'know... People ;o) So whats going on with you... And I spose... This place?

Also Geordie, thats not CGI mate... Its CAD. Computer Aided Design. You can do all sorts of funky stuff with it. Places like Airbus and BAE Systems use it to design engines and missiles ;o) and people like me use missiles to help design motorbikes. Its like... The circle of life! (or summat). Cheers for the kind words, mind.
God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Aye that's impressive CAD skillz lol :mrgreen: that's pretty handy software, is it commercially available mate?

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Yeah... About 5 grand for a basic package in NX (which is the one I mainly use). For a decent setup about £40k. Student licences are about £150 i think but their severely limited. Full packages cost ALL the money. Solidworks may be cheaper. But generally... Expensive as all buggery.

God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:51 pm

[???] that's wayyyyyy too expensive lol I think il stick to the pathetic attempts of pencil and paper lol

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Well... In all fairness, its meant to design and test airplanes and stuff like that. And if you think thats bad... Another program we use, Matlab... A full licence costs about £190'000 per computer. Proper CAD programs can cost more than THAT, as well. And nothing wrong with pencils... Thats how the first internal combustion engine was drawn up, and look where thats ended up. lol

God i LOVE these things.

Moon

Postby Moon » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:36 pm

wtf? wrote:Heya Moon... I wouldnt say I'm back in town. I just get bored lately and saw something I could post on. lol

And Im alright thanks, doing an engineering degree... Hence the CAD and FEA. lol. Apart from that, im my old self really... Still antisocial, abrupt and bad around... Y'know... People ;o) So whats going on with you... And I spose... This place?

Well it's good to see you back posting again, even if your visits will be as infrequent as mine...I'm good, much like yourself really but an older version lol.
Best of luck with the degree mate and give the princess a hug from ol' uncle Moon. ;)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Ha, if I see her, i will... Its all a bit wrong at the mo, Chief.

God i LOVE these things.

Return to “Latest News”