w00t

A forum for discussion on all things related to the martial-arts and oriental sword-arts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

darkhobo

w00t

Post by darkhobo » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:31 am

I was talking to my sensei today after class and we got on the subject of sword arts. And I asked him about all the sword arts he knew (which turned out to be many, I had seen him do a few forms with different types of blades). We got on the subject if iaido, which he knew, and my interest in japanese swords and sword arts. And to cut the story short, he agreed to teach me iaido. w00t. It is even better because we have one hour of weapons classes every week at no extra charge, which is when he will be teaching me, so its free (though i can only do it an hour a week :cry: ) and the closest iaido or kendo dojo near me I could find is a 3 hour drive away. I'm so happy I can finally learn to use my ppk properly 8)

Short Recoil

Post by Short Recoil » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:54 am

Nice, be good if there was anything other than TKD or karate closer than 100 miles to me.
People always insult me when i say i learn at home, i can only reply "i have no choice"

Keitaro

Re: w00t

Post by Keitaro » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:59 am

darkhobo wrote:I was talking to my sensei today after class and we got on the subject of sword arts. And I asked him about all the sword arts he knew (which turned out to be many, I had seen him do a few forms with different types of blades). We got on the subject if iaido, which he knew, and my interest in japanese swords and sword arts. And to cut the story short, he agreed to teach me iaido. w00t. It is even better because we have one hour of weapons classes every week at no extra charge, which is when he will be teaching me, so its free (though i can only do it an hour a week :cry: ) and the closest iaido or kendo dojo near me I could find is a 3 hour drive away. I'm so happy I can finally learn to use my ppk properly 8)
Good on ya, thats really lucky. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy kendo! :D

Azeroth_Storm

Post by Azeroth_Storm » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:01 pm

Great news m8.
You are indeed fortunate.
Enjoy.
Regards
Storm