split from - Most effective martial arts in a Street fight

A forum for discussion on all things related to the martial-arts and oriental sword-arts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Sam

Postby Sam » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:34 pm

HatchA wrote:
Logan wrote:
HatchA wrote:anyone else up for a weekend in Brum???

After the picture Larn has painted!?!!? :|

8)

f*ck yeah!!!!! cheap, easy bitches with nice tits, vodka and coke (of varying sorts...;)) and 3somes with gay guys!!!!! :D

That's a picture I'd like to be in!!! I'm so f*ckin' there dude!!!!! (H)

hehehe

Hell yes!

:oops: only joking :oops:

Never confused
"Can't kill a man without knowin' for sure you ought too..."

wabhimself

Postby wabhimself » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:07 pm

here logan.... i've got another example to tell you about now about how violence can't always be avoided. Walking home from school today as l usually do, talking to my mate and someone stopped in front of me, l managed to get by the person without knocking them or anything, nothing wrong with that.... then l hear behind me some ned saying something about me cutting by him, it was the same guy that'd stopped in front of me. So l kept walking cos l knew the guy would make a scene of it in front of his mates and then they all started hurling stones at me and my mate, still kept walking l was outnumbered something awful, then they started hurling cans at me, referring to me as "a mosher Naughty lady bits" kept on walking even tho l was tempted to turn around cos l didnt want me and my friend knocked in. Then one came up with his mates and started saying "haw your that dick that f*cking chased me aboot the place when ah wis in first year!" (loada pish, i'd seen this guy around and never said anything to him before) and then he started saying "f*ckin stand still so ah kin f*ckin punch ye!" and onea his mates that was in the year below me l think ran and and punched me, l kept walking on cos l knew that i'd just get me and my mate hurt if l turned around to fight, bitfurther on l noticed my ear was acctually bleeding. I dont know wether its my eardrum or not cause the blood seems to be coming from in my ear. im gonna wait till my mum gets home to see if l should get it checked out or not but l feel like getting even now. And the school wont do much about it apart from give them detention or some pish.

9ShakuMako

Postby 9ShakuMako » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:45 pm

wabhimself wrote:here logan.... i've got another example to tell you about now about how violence can't always be avoided. Walking home from school today as l usually do, talking to my mate and someone stopped in front of me, l managed to get by the person without knocking them or anything, nothing wrong with that.... then l hear behind me some ned saying something about me cutting by him, it was the same guy that'd stopped in front of me. So l kept walking cos l knew the guy would make a scene of it in front of his mates and then they all started hurling stones at me and my mate, still kept walking l was outnumbered something awful, then they started hurling cans at me, referring to me as "a mosher Naughty lady bits" kept on walking even tho l was tempted to turn around cos l didnt want me and my friend knocked in. Then one came up with his mates and started saying "haw your that dick that f*cking chased me aboot the place when ah wis in first year!" (loada pish, i'd seen this guy around and never said anything to him before) and then he started saying "f*ckin stand still so ah kin f*ckin punch ye!" and onea his mates that was in the year below me l think ran and and punched me, l kept walking on cos l knew that i'd just get me and my mate hurt if l turned around to fight, bitfurther on l noticed my ear was acctually bleeding. I dont know wether its my eardrum or not cause the blood seems to be coming from in my ear. im gonna wait till my mum gets home to see if l should get it checked out or not but l feel like getting even now. And the school wont do much about it apart from give them detention or some pish.

wabhimself wrote:
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:04 pm Post subject: l hate neds even more. oh and druggys too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday night... out with my mates.... hada good laugh.... nuthing bad happens until we start to walk home, about 5 minutes from my house me and my mates are walking along beside a field and 4 neds come out from under the trees, all of them have crude weapons (boulders, golf club handles etc) and all of them are done out of their heads on drugs, they all know my mate nicole so they start talking to her and l see bricks being dropped by some of them, so they keep talking to nicole while were walking on and suddenly l hear a crack from behind me, kept walking on thinking someone had thrown a bottle to the ground but when l looked round to see my mate colin was on the ground in the middle of the road passed out. all my mates get him onto the pavement and then the neds come back round again and start hassling over colin while hes lying dazed on the ground, they tell my mates to walk on and l told them to go and that i'd stay incase, they start to walk away and l pick up the stuff that had fallen from my mate colins jacket and then help him up and we start to walk, look round and l notice the neds running back up again we both start to run as colin had came round and could run now, we run by a garage my mates had ran into and l turn round and see my mate neill had been cought by them, me and my mate colin kept running as people were getting out of their cars so the neds were running for it, by the time l got back to the garage (my mate colin had ran home) the neds were well gone and the police were on their way, turns out my mate neill got hit over the head by a half brick off one of them and he has passed out, the police arrived and one of the neds were cought...... im really tempted to go on a hunt right now for them. stupid druggy neds attacking

Wabhimself wrote:
as said many times before, fights are sometimes forced on you or people are being picked on and you cant just sit by and watch, a couple of times i've stood up to neds giving people hassle, the other night l heard a right caffufle outside my house so l went outside to see what was happening and a 20 year was beating the crap out of a 10 year old and the 10 year old was acctually screaming, luckily the guy ran away when he seen me going for him cos l had a truncheon on me and the dude was beating the little guy in my garden so l coulda used it legally, l didnt run after him but l made sure the 10 year old was fine and helped him get home, now l think l handled that pretty well not going after the guy despite him hitting the kid

Wabhimself wrote:

if your just talking about me spamming then sorry, l have a damm nasty habit of it

Must be a very bad area or you're not very popular!! (H)

wabhimself

Postby wabhimself » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:17 pm

where l stay isnt a bad area but its surrounded by bad areas, it sucks really, do ya know in glasgow.... your twice as likely to get beaten up or mugged randomly than you are down in london and l live near glasgow so it still kinda applies around here

9ShakuMako

Postby 9ShakuMako » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:59 pm

wabhimself wrote:where l stay isnt a bad area but its surrounded by bad areas, it sucks really, do ya know in glasgow.... your twice as likely to get beaten up or mugged randomly than you are down in london and l live near glasgow so it still kinda applies around here

the other night l heard a right caffufle outside my house so l went outside to see what was happening and a 20 year was beating the crap out of a 10 year old and the 10 year old was acctually screaming, luckily the guy ran away when he seen me

Not exactly Beverly Hills either,is it ?

wabhimself

Postby wabhimself » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:58 pm

9ShakuMako wrote:
wabhimself wrote:where l stay isnt a bad area but its surrounded by bad areas, it sucks really, do ya know in glasgow.... your twice as likely to get beaten up or mugged randomly than you are down in london and l live near glasgow so it still kinda applies around here

the other night l heard a right caffufle outside my house so l went outside to see what was happening and a 20 year was beating the crap out of a 10 year old and the 10 year old was acctually screaming, luckily the guy ran away when he seen me

Not exactly Beverly Hills either,is it ?

nah its not, cos its not council houses where l stay but everywhere around is, is why where l stay is better than the surrounding area, not that im saying council houses are sh*tty, its just that mostly neds stay in them around here

Killua

Postby Killua » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:26 pm

Hmm, the closest I've come to a fight in the last x years was a couple of months ago, when we'd come out of a curry house and were waiting for a taxi. It was me and 5 girls.

Chilling on this bench, waiting when some, for lack of a better word, chavs come up and start being chauvanistic and such. I just ignore their words to me, because I don't care, but if they'd touched one of my friends, it would've been a different matter.

Nothing of ego, just protecting friends.

People suck, eh.

ULTIMATE-BLADE-WARRIOR

Postby ULTIMATE-BLADE-WARRIOR » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:51 pm

i've been in a few street fights & i've been told i'm lookin 4 trouble & all this started when i left school becausei was walkin home from da end of year prom got jumped & kicked @$$

so i'd say kung fu is a good 1 for street fightin especialy dragon or tiger
THE WARRIOR IS COMING, JOIN HIM OR DIE

Banzai Joe

Postby Banzai Joe » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:44 pm

Dude, i know you're new here, so as a friendly reminder, please type in english not txt speak, as its not terribly legible.

"A man should never have sexual intercourse with another man. God hates that!" Leviticus 18.

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:52 pm

if he doesnt, we can always get a common, 15 year old with HUGE gold earings, and a gold clown, on a chain to translate it.

you can find them hanging around outside threshers, drinking white lightning, and swearing indiscriminately at old people.

theres also a very good chance that their conversations will start with...

yeah but,
no but,
yeah but,
no but
..... FAT SLAG....
God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Musashi

Postby Musashi » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:49 pm

I've been in quite a few street fights. I don't agree with them at all, but unfortunately scum out there do. I grew up in Essex which is a harsh place. I also moved to around Manchester when I was 12. There was no such thing as argument or discussions in Essex, there was just rolling up your sleeves. I have also been attacked for many reasons, including benig gay etc. And I've had men jump me, believe me (I'm female btw). Luckily my Jujitsu training has come in handy. I don't believe in any attacking moves, just defense. So they can come at me however they like and I've been able to counteract that and take them into some disabling move (if it's one on one I'd keep them in a lock hold until help arrives, if not they'd get a plumit to the hard ground).

My best advice would always be to avoid fights though. They're not clever and they don't proove anything.

But to answer the question, I've found Jujitsu move than effective. I've also studied a bit of Krav Maga as my brother is an instructor in this and has privately taught me. This has been effective too as it's very quick. No dancing around, just get them down asap.

Musashi

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:27 pm

the thing with locks, ive found is that once you get someone there... theres not much more you can do. you can either break the joint, or let go... niether are really suitable for general 'defence'

also, if theres more than one attacker (which is more likely than not) your entire effort is concentrated on the single lock/agressor

the only hold i (personally) advocate for 'defence' is a sleeper hold, or variations. gives you a human shield, and the option to get rid of your attacker without causing major damage (by applying the strangle). its a nice point of control. also puts you in a position where IF it goes wrong, your in a favourable position (behind the attacker).

as nasty as it is... defence means waiting to be attacked. and thats not a good way to view a 'defensive situation'

basicly put... action is faster than reaction.

i wont be here after tomorrow, but this is something important enough for me to post about now. i'll edit in another thread that has some more info, and some of my opinions, should you wish to read more. theres some nice points in them.

http://forum.blades-uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=12099

http://forum.blades-uk.com/viewtopic.ph ... 0&start=15

God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:31 pm

also... heres my dojo website... and more importantly articles that have been written by members of the class, and the instructors.

some of the articles are VERY usefull.

http://www.4-site.co.uk/goshin/articles.htm

God i LOVE these things.

Musashi

Postby Musashi » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:58 pm

I do apologies but I have to disagree. I find my reaction is definitely fast enough. I've never gone wrong with it in a street fight. Of course, there is attack in a defence, i.e. a pressure point hit. I think I said, but I'll say again, I also don't go for locks when there's more than one attacker. It'll be bone breaks, greeting the pavement, legs taken out, jaw broken, whatever it takes, but definitely not locks on more than one attacker. On one attacker, I've usually found that once in a lock, they'll struggle but as you know that hurts them more, they calm down. If they don't calm down then comes the snap. I've found with attacks you have to be spot on, balance and everything otherwise you're in trouble. Basic self defense doesn't take much effort at all. It's mearly a matter of common sense. That's why my reactions are quick enough, I suppose because it's very typical what a thug will do to you i.e. a punch, a kick or the men like best when picking on a woman a grab around the waist from behind.
I find with attack ones concentration is at the end of the limb they're using (unless you're trained of course), so that easily throws them off balance. If they're going to punch me, they've lost it anyway as their force will be in their knuckles, throwing them totally off balance. It's just a case for me to dodge and sweep etc. Even just a dodge and a helpful push sees them plumit to the floor.

Musashi
Self-importance is man's greatest enemy. What weakens him is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of his fellow men. Self-importance requires that one spend most of one's life offended by something or someone.

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:24 pm

my point was that locks are only effective restraints, or breaks.

your attacked by someone who doesnt want to calm down... and you are forced to either let go, or snap a joint. now if that attacker hasnt harmed you... and you break his arm, leg, wrist, jaw etc... then your in a world of legal trouble, and the words excessive force will appear a lot in the police statement.

not your primary concern, of course... but something to be considered.

for your reaction time.. im sure its top notch.. i wasnt saying otherwise.
im just saying that action is quicker than reaction. and that, all things being equal... the agressor will be faster than the defender.

its also possible that you dont KNOW theres a second attacker. ive seen plenty of incidents where a baited man will sacrifice himself for others to get the upper hand.

also... and sadly true... passers by will randomly pitch in....

this is seen almost every street fight in every country, on almost every weekend.... someone will be having a barny... and people who have nothing to do with a fight will jump in with boots, and fists flailing.. so that the one attacker will suddenly, and randomly become more.

i also (personally) dislike the idea of trying to calm an attacker down... lets face it, if their going to try and bite your face off, its unlikely that their trustworthy enough to believe when they say 'fair cop.... nice lock... you can let me go now'

but like i said... this is just my preference, and what ive been tought. im sure your arts fit you perfectly. i just enjoy debating.

God i LOVE these things.

Return to “Fudoshin Dojo”