split from - Most effective martial arts in a Street fight

A forum for discussion on all things related to the martial-arts and oriental sword-arts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Logan

Postby Logan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:09 pm

HatchA wrote:anyone else up for a weekend in Brum???

After the picture Larn has painted!?!!? :|

8)

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:23 pm

im always up in brum, as it happens. got family there.... round about Sutton Coldfield, if memory serves.
God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Sam

Postby Sam » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:18 pm

Logan your'e making me sound like some sort of chav hard-case trouble-maker.
Please don't, becuase thats not what i am.

If you choose to stay in the search light, expect to be found and dealt with.

Dealt with?
By who and what for?
"Can't kill a man without knowin' for sure you ought too..."

Banzai Joe

Postby Banzai Joe » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:25 pm

Logan wrote:
Banzai Joe wrote:Or would you just let yourself be bitched by every mugger around?

Getting quite sick and tired of you insisting that my viewpoint on avoiding violence being directed at me in a tone that suggests I'm some pansy or wuss. I'm not. Just because I tend to avoid violence whilst you would clearly choose to embrace it, does not mean I am either of them.

Ok, my turn to try and make sense of my own words again. Logan, i wasn't and am not directing anything at you dude, i said your name cos i was answering you, but when i said you i actually meant people in general, anyone who cared to read this thread i suppose. I certainly don't embrace violence, but my tolerance for abuse (ie. mugging) is less than yours, i'll respond to a threat with what i think is appropriate action.

Doing your bit for what? Bravery? Pride? Honor? Country!? You're not serving your country now mate. Instead of risking your life for your country whilst a soldier, you are now risking your life for nothing (note: especially if over measly possesions). Well I wish you every success and luck in future altercations with assailents mate. I just hope that one day I don't see your name on the local newspaper under 'man shot dead, suspect still on the loose' headline.

Ok, we'll still differ over this. Nothing to do with bravery, but pride yes, honour, yes i suppose. Maybe i'm not serving my country anymore, but its even more gauling when one of your own countrymen wishes to do you harm for a 'few quid'. And for me, it aint risking my life for nothing, the possessions do come 2nd place to personal insult i feel.
I'll be totally honest and say that i've had over my years been in an average amount of scrapes, be it drunken gangs trying to fight with me and my drunken friends, someone deliberatley trying to start on me for no reason, the usual saturday night stuff in nottingham and possibly most other major cities. But i've only once actually fought someone, and thats cos he cheapshotted me from behind and broke my watch, so i took him and his m8 on and came out better for it. Now believe me this experience did not leave me with a "i can take on the world" attitude. So 99% of the time, i've done as you would, i've walked away, talked it out or let the drunken assailant swing and hit thin air as i've moved around him without hurting him. I have no intention of hurting anyone.
BUT this thread was/is( i think) still about how one would react in a situation of trouble, whether its drunken pub brawl or being mugged, and its that odd time that i'm saying i'd react in a more forceful manner.
As mentioned i wouldn't deliberately walk through a gang of youths expecting trouble.
Maybe its MY naevity, but i refuse to be 'bullied' by these people who demand something with menaces.

Seeing as in this thread we're both suffering from verbal diahhorea, i'll try and sum it.
We're different people. I genuinely believe, (as you've all but stated) that you probably haven't lived or experienced the darker side of maybe weekend drinking in big cities or whatever it would take for bad stuff to potentially happen.
You see things one way, and for most of that way i agree with you, but there's a threshold of tolerance to these situations, mine is just shorter than yours.

And just to remind you, none of it was directed at you m8y boy :), its just that you asked the question and i responded in a 1st (?) person perspective (or is that 2nd or 3rd), frikk knows. :S
"A man should never have sexual intercourse with another man. God hates that!" Leviticus 18.

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:27 pm

dealt with? pertaining to the use of badly dressed ninja (think yellow and pink, urban camo), with a habbit of missing you, and killing your cat.

by? whoever

for? fun... or possibly profit.

it should also be noted that i havent bothered to read ANY of the posts before this.... so i have no idea why, or what im sticking my nose into.

......Hi.... im Wraith. :D

God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:28 pm

wtf? wrote:it should also be noted that i havent bothered to read ANY of the posts before this.... so i have no idea why, or what im sticking my nose into.

LMAO!! :D
Banzai Joe wrote:Thats weird. Stared down at my penis at it looked like a trombone!!!! :|

Hatamoto wrote:Shoulda made the Titanic out of biscuits. At least things would have stayed level, more people could have gotten out :p

Banzai Joe

Postby Banzai Joe » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:34 pm

wtf? wrote:dealt with? pertaining to the use of badly dressed ninja (think yellow and pink, urban camo), with a habbit of missing you, and killing your cat.

by? whoever

for? fun... or possibly profit.

it should also be noted that i havent bothered to read ANY of the posts before this.... so i have no idea why, or what im sticking my nose into.

Lol, well seeing as you could have made valuable contributions to this thread due to your job experience etc, but didn't, if you decide to stick your nose in now, i'll delete your posts, as i think this thread has gone full circle and we're prbably all tired. :razz:

nb. for any admin or mods reading this, i'm only joking about deleting his posts., but don't tell him that, mmkkayy !?
"A man should never have sexual intercourse with another man. God hates that!" Leviticus 18.

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:41 pm

if someone wants to give me the bullet points (this is a long thread for my current state) i'll happily put my bit in.

i gather its something about the use of violence, and violent culture. but i may have miss-scanned the pages.

im not sure how my experence is usefull here... but i do know that some people will stab you for 50p, and theres not a lot you can do to stop them.

i also know that chav's hunt in packs, and that the person getting attacked really is the minor part of the psycology.

if someone wants to quote the relivent bits... i'll see if i can make sense to you all... but dont hold your breath. lol

God i LOVE these things.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:47 pm

wtf? wrote:im always up in brum, as it happens. got family there.... round about Sutton Coldfield, if memory serves.
Ah I know Sutton really well. Very posh area but its on the border of Kings Standing and that is one of the roughest holes on the planet lol. I've been to Sutton on the wee wee many a time, but it attracts all the scum from the surrounding areas so it always kicks off. There's a place called Sloanes that really sees some nasty action on the weekends.
Pimp or die baby!

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:49 pm

aye.... ive had many a brawl over that way. working there is a b*tch.... drinking there, worse. and regardless of being born there... i cant understand a bloody word anyone is saying. lol

God i LOVE these things.

HatchA

Postby HatchA » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:17 pm

Logan wrote:
HatchA wrote:anyone else up for a weekend in Brum???

After the picture Larn has painted!?!!? :|

8)

f*ck yeah!!!!! cheap, easy bitches with nice tits, vodka and coke (of varying sorts...;)) and 3somes with gay guys!!!!! :D

That's a picture I'd like to be in!!! I'm so f*ckin' there dude!!!!! (H)

hehehe

Logan

Postby Logan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:26 pm

Sam wrote:Logan your'e making me sound like some sort of chav hard-case trouble-maker.
Please don't, becuase thats not what i am.

:S Please point out to me where I have portrayed you in such a way, as I don't believe I have anywhere in this thread.

Sam wrote:Dealt with?
By who and what for?

Oh nevermind :roll:

Banzai Joe wrote:Ok, my turn to try and make sense of my own words again. Logan, i wasn't and am not directing anything at you dude, i said your name cos i was answering you, but when i said you i actually meant people in general, anyone who cared to read this thread i suppose. I certainly don't embrace violence, but my tolerance for abuse (ie. mugging) is less than yours, i'll respond to a threat with what i think is appropriate action.

Indeed, I realise that, but in answering me, your replies were directed at me and tarred me with the same 'wimp' brush you were painting the picture with ;)

I was saying that's not the case, but that I will avoid violence where at all possible. As you say below, were are just different people, with different views and different temperments/tolerances.

Banzai Joe wrote:Ok, we'll still differ over this.

Looks that way :D

Banzai Joe wrote:We're different people. I genuinely believe, (as you've all but stated) that you probably haven't lived or experienced the darker side of maybe weekend drinking in big cities or whatever it would take for bad stuff to potentially happen.

That may be the case, but the fact remains that in my 24 years on this earth, I've never yet come into such a situation, kinda tells me that these situations are in the minority.

HatchA wrote:f*ck yeah!!!!! cheap, easy bitches with nice tits, vodka and coke (of varying sorts...;))

I was right there with you till...

HatchA wrote:and 3somes with gay guys!!!!! :D

No! :tut:

:D

matrix

Postby matrix » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:30 am

are you a script writer for 'points of view' (barry took era)?
your post reads like one! :D

avoid brum!
you gotta throw a double six b4 ya can get off their inner ring, ooer!

*youngsters allover saying 'hoo the fook is barry took?*

:D :D
Geord wrote:i actualy prefer the aborted donkey foetus. carrie fisher is just too..... stern, good body and alll but the face of an 80 year old lesbian hammer toss teacher

grimm

Postby grimm » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:39 am

personally, if i was ACTUALLY comtemplating a confrontation, i'd act like a total wimp to throw them into a false sense of security, then when they approached me to try and strike me down or whatever, i'd give them a good kicking. my normal walking stance would be just that though... "normal". i don't try to walk like a hard bastard or anything anymore, which i probably used to, but that just ended up with people hurling abuse at me calling me stuff like "cocky sh*t". but yeh, if i saw someone shaping to cause trouble and i thought i would come out on top of such a situation, then i'd act fearful until the time was right. the element of surprise has served me well on a couple of occasions.

as BJ said earlier though, sometimes the firm approach can be taken, and it often works, but as i said earlier, i'm pretty small, so most people would still think they could take me based on the fact that they were bigger than i am, no matter how firmly put my response would be.

the times people have tried to mug me, i'v actually had people ask me to jump up and down (to hear my money jingle in my pockets?), and then proceed to ask me for my wallet. every time this happens i say "no". i don't try to provoke a fight, just a simple "no" is what i use. then on most of these occasions they either try to punch me or slap me or something, then they go away. i'v actually taken a hit in those situations a couple of times, unless it looks like they're really trying to cause some damage to me i usually just take a step back when they do it to soften the blow. then they often see that it doesn't scare me and either a proper fight ensues or they go away.

i'v actually never taken any REAL beating. the worst i'v ever come off with was a suspected concussion and a black eye. to be perfectly honest i'v taken a more brutal beating when i was a newbie doing karate training.

darkhobo

Postby darkhobo » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:56 am

I can't talk about anything like real street fights or anything. But i suppose the next closest thing would be a hallway fight at my school :D .
I pretty much bank on the intimidation factor for me. I'm far from small being 6'2" and 210 lbs. Not too many people want to get in my way. Though I suppose if someone did try to talk down to me, I would hit them. Sorry, but I can't help but get upset when people talk like they are better then me.
And about muggings, unfortunately I would be extremely reluctant to give up my wallet. It really isn't the fact that they are taking $40 off me or anything, the amount of money doesn't matter much to me. It's the fact that I worked my ass off for two weeks for that monkey, and someone is going to try to take it from me in 5 secs? Sorry, but no.
Mos wrote:Americans :roll:

Mos wrote:ill say it again Americans

Simoriax wrote:well what do you know, i love americans! :)

Return to “Fudoshin Dojo”