martial arts in southport?

A forum for discussion on all things related to the martial-arts and oriental sword-arts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

martial arts in southport?

Postby 2841981 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:26 pm

anybody know of any ? im looking to start aikido, kenjutso(sp?) or kendo but i cant find anything in my immediate area. any help?

cheers

nath/2841981

Angelus

Postby Angelus » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:21 pm

Google if your friend mate. Check local sports centres for any info as well

9ShakuMako

Postby 9ShakuMako » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:42 am

Bridge Street

Postby 2841981 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:01 pm

Bridge Street

???????????????

nath/2841981

Moon

Postby Moon » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:05 pm

There's a place on Bridge St called Shogun Martial Arts but they don't do what you're looking for.
Google "martial arts southport",quite a few dojos near you,Karate etc,if you pop in and ask,somebody there may be able to point you in the right direction.
Worth a try maybe.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:42 am

actually... search for martial arts shops that are near to you. not ever school has a mention on the net, or it might be hard to find.
most Martial Arts shops will have files on all the nearby schools. my local place has about 400 pages of flyers, reviews, instructor profiles, etc. inc places that i didnt know existed, or worked in my area.

easily enough to get you started, either way.
God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Postby 2841981 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:13 pm

There's a place on Bridge St called Shogun Martial Arts but they don't do what you're looking for.

that place taught ju-jutsu but im pretty sure its closed down now.

actually... search for martial arts shops that are near to you. not ever school has a mention on the net, or it might be hard to find.
most Martial Arts shops will have files on all the nearby schools. my local place has about 400 pages of flyers, reviews, instructor profiles, etc. inc places that i didnt know existed, or worked in my area.

i might just do that, im pretty sure theres one near forest road.

cheers

nath/2841981

cutnere

Re: martial arts in southport?

Postby cutnere » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi, I know your query was a few years ago but it can't harm to reply.

We run an Aikido club in Southport, take a look at www.southportaikido.co.uk. We meet on a Saturday morning at 10.00 at Dunes Leisure Centre. Come along and see us. Simon

the blade master

Re: martial arts in southport?

Postby the blade master » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:23 pm

hi
your certanly wellcome to reply to any post you want but just to let you know all but one poster are
no longer with us therefore they havnt posted in 6 years or more only moons still here from time to time
but thanks for posting the thread any way and wellcome to the forum
mick
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Return to “Fudoshin Dojo”