Iaido Clips

A forum for discussion on all things related to the martial-arts and oriental sword-arts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

User avatar
stYx
Posts: 971
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:20 am
Location: Stoke on Trent
Contact:

Postby stYx » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:47 pm

Lexxorcist wrote:Cheers styx. These are the first clips i've seen of Iaido or any japanese sword art (other than in movies). All I knew about Iaido was there's a lot of drawing involved as being able to draw and attack quickly are vital with kat vs kat. I never imagined it'd be so interesting to watch.


ah i have to admit, it is certainly interesting to watch!
ImageImage

User avatar
Banzai Joe
Posts: 2267
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:30 am
Location: Nottingham, UK
Contact:

Postby Banzai Joe » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:51 am

Lexxorcist wrote:Cheers styx. These are the first clips i've seen of Iaido or any japanese sword art (other than in movies). All I knew about Iaido was there's a lot of drawing involved as being able to draw and attack quickly are vital with kat vs kat. I never imagined it'd be so interesting to watch.


Look for a dojo dude. I've been studying aikido (which includes aikiken, the last 2 vids) for 12 years, but the past 2 i've been studying iaido, and hold shodan level in kendo.
Its truly fantastic, if you're interested, go forth and find, there are quite a few around.

check out the kendo dojo finder sticky, the BKA website incorporates iaido and jodo as well.

:D
"A man should never have sexual intercourse with another man. God hates that!" Leviticus 18.

User avatar
stYx
Posts: 971
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:20 am
Location: Stoke on Trent
Contact:

Postby stYx » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:17 am

No luck with the vids im afraid! All i found was 2 of em! Both B&W, soundless and about 1m 10 seconds in length! Sorry matey!
ImageImage

User avatar
Lexxorcist
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 2:02 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Postby Lexxorcist » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:11 pm

Banzai Joe wrote:Look for a dojo dude. I've been studying aikido (which includes aikiken, the last 2 vids) for 12 years, but the past 2 i've been studying iaido, and hold shodan level in kendo.
Its truly fantastic, if you're interested, go forth and find, there are quite a few around.



I'd love to. I've not searched throroughly but am not aware of any dojo within my travelling distance (i don't drive). The real problem is though, I'm a single parent and it took me a while to find a babysitter so I could return to karate just the one night a week. I've had offers from local teenagers to babysit for me, but I don't trust them enough. It's very frustrating, but if and when it becomes possible, I will certainly give it a go. :)

***Edit*** No worries Styx, thanks for taking the time to look :)
Image

User avatar
Scott
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:22 pm
Location: West Midlands, England

Postby Scott » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:46 pm

If you get the chace to look them up, there's plenty of iai dojo in Yorshire:

http://www.kendo.org.uk/dojo/england_ne.shtml

User avatar
Lexxorcist
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 2:02 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Postby Lexxorcist » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:53 pm

Scott wrote:If you get the chace to look them up, there's plenty of iai dojo in Yorshire:

http://www.kendo.org.uk/dojo/england_ne.shtml


I appreciate that information scott, but unfortunatly I don't drive, and non of those are within feasable travelling distance of me. I think Sheffield is the nearest, and that's 2 busses and a train away. I have to be back fairly early for my babysitter too, as she sets off for work at 6 am. If you, or anyone else knows of a dojo in the Doncaster area that does any japanese sword related martial art, I'd be grateful. Really I need an extra babysitter too, but it's finding someone willing who I trust that's been a problem. :)
Image


Return to “Fudoshin Dojo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest