Anybody used one of these punchbag things?

A forum for discussion on all things related to the martial-arts and oriental sword-arts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Hatamoto

Anybody used one of these punchbag things?

Postby Hatamoto » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:40 pm

Free standing punchbag. I've been fancying one for a while, but they've always been a bit pricey for me, since I'm not intending to seriously train with them, only for some exercise and practise, etc.

But here's one for £90, with free delivery.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products ... 66&_LOC=UK

Is that a good price for that one? lol. I'v eseen them range from something like £130 - £300, so to me, £90 seems reasonable, but there's always gonna be somebody who knows more about it than you.

I'm gonna see if I can get some kind of price comparison going now, but I hate searching on the net, so opinions, advice, recommendations, or whatever, would be really appreciated. Thanks guys.

The Stand
Wraith wrote:my tits are fantastic, you little bastard!

darkhobo

Postby darkhobo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:21 pm

That seems like a good price to me. I didn't see anywhere how much it weighs though. If you just want to use it for aerobics and combinations and the like the weight doesnt matter as much. But for practicing individual strikes they can be knocked over, some pretty easily.
Mos wrote:Americans :roll:

Mos wrote:ill say it again Americans

Simoriax wrote:well what do you know, i love americans! :)

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:42 am

That's not a real slam man I don't think, just some cheap imitation model. Real slam mans are great fun though :mrgreen:
Pimp or die baby!

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:43 am

Nope its a knock off for certain, here's the real deal

Pimp or die baby!

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:00 pm

Hm, dyou think it would be worth getting for the price, or save a little longer and get a proper one? I'm also tempted to get a wavemaster or something, just a plain free standing punchbag, just for something to get used to hitting to build up some stamina. I used to have a heavy bag in the garage but the door got jarred out of its track when the hotel across the road got demolished, so I couldn't open the door anymore :p so I need a free standy one..

Used to have an inflatable one but burst it with a kick :$ Like me first punchbag got split. Cool.

Any other recommendations for free standing bags around that price? I'd rather not spend more than £120 or something on one, but if it comes highly enough recommended I'll save :)

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:42 pm

I'm wondering when they're gonna bring a Punchwoman :| It could have a nagg option to really wind you up and also have a dedicated 'Stella can' holder so you dont spill your beer when you punch ten bells outta it :twisted:
Pimp or die baby!

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:28 am

That's the difference between me and you Larn - I try to avoid getting feminists to throw bricks at my house XD I've thought about it, but not voicing such a suggestion is just pure survival instinct, man :)

matrix

Postby matrix » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:17 am

price seems ok for this. you may be better with a full size foam filled traditional bag shape, but budget is an issue. do you know any martial art schools who use freestanding bags? if they are like me, they retire the tired bags regularly. a bag no longer looking or feeling like new may not fit the clubs use, but is perfect for individual private use.
(i have a spare, its on loan to my sister. but you are a long way from me!)

if you can find a way, its yours for £50.

i use these now, i have 5 and they are the doggies danglies! :D
Geord wrote:i actualy prefer the aborted donkey foetus. carrie fisher is just too..... stern, good body and alll but the face of an 80 year old lesbian hammer toss teacher

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:23 pm

That's a damn fine deal I'd be happy to go for, pal, I'll see if I can work anything out, maybe organise a courier or something to pick it up.

matrix

Postby matrix » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:11 pm

its been well and truly beaten, but is a steal at this price. the twin of this went for £99 at the beginning of the year. happy to help you out Hat, catch me on brethren or pm some time. its not going anywhere so theres no rush, its behind my sis's sofa atm.
it weighs sod all when the base is empty, just an awkward size.
i'll do my best to protect it from parcelfarce divs, (two of my replacement ones were thrown over my garden 6' wall cos i was out) :evil:
Geord wrote:i actualy prefer the aborted donkey foetus. carrie fisher is just too..... stern, good body and alll but the face of an 80 year old lesbian hammer toss teacher

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:12 am

Matrix me old mucker, I have no idea about couriers, but I figured something - it would be better if YOU hired one to take the wavemaster to here, rather than me get one to go to there, collect it, then come back. It's a double trip job, whereas from there it would be done after one trip, meaning it would no doubt cost less.

That, and I don't even know how to go about sorting out a courier :| I'd ask someone with a van to collect it if they fancied a road trip, but... I don't know anybody with a van.

How about it? I'd cover the cost of the courier, if it'll only cost a bit extra, but if they're gonna charge £30 or something I might as well look to ebay or something, maybe. Do me a favour and look into some locals for where you are please, mate. I'll try to sort something out for here. I get paid tomorrow so will have money to throw at you ;)

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:04 pm

Organising a courier is pretty easy dude, and as far as I'm aware they don't charge for pick up just the delivery.

Yell.com ;)
Pimp or die baby!

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:25 am

Sounds alright then. Got a few options from Yell, thanks for that Larn.

thematrix, my email address is gwar at freeuk dot com, or sanity_margin at hotmail dot com, please email me your address so I can check prices with couriers, and let me know how you'd like to be paid :)

matrix

Postby matrix » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:56 pm

okey dokey hat. you will get mail when i get my sis's postal addy, its at hers and it makes sense to do a straight collection from hers. i'm round hers tomorrow so i can tell her about our arrangement and set off from there (if she gets funny about giving out her addy etc, i will get it back to mine first, may take a few days more, but consider it yours if your courier quote is acceptable.) ;)

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:26 pm

Thanks skip. If you want you could just lob me yours and hers postcodes so I can get a rough idea of price, if not the full address. Either way, will try to get it sorted soon :)

Return to “Fudoshin Dojo”