Anyone done Wing chun?

A forum for discussion on all things related to the martial-arts and oriental sword-arts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Hatamoto

Anyone done Wing chun?

Postby Hatamoto » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:24 am

How did you find it? Good and bad points, class atmosphere, etc. There's a class down the road from me but the annual membership costs something like £30, I wanna make sure it doesn't suck before I join :p
Wraith wrote:my tits are fantastic, you little bastard!

skippydm

Re: Anyone done Wing chun?

Postby skippydm » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:48 pm

**nuns*

I have done WingChun Hatstand, Its quite good IMHO very much close quarters combat, some bits are a bit pants and its a big learning curve. But when you get good the hand speed is something else and your forearms are gonna be solid ;)

£30 aint bad, I have heard memberships costing £50+ :|

darktim

Postby darktim » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:16 am

WC is not that bad as a style, its good for the hands and in fighting. kicks arent really there. in my oppinion, and ive been training for years and cross training, go with it for the hands strikes and blcks but suppliment it with something like muay thai and mybe some BJJ or wrestling for the grappling!

hope it goes well
when you wake up at nite with a start. And the last thing you hear is metal being pulled from leather before all goes quiet and dark. thats just me makin sure your tucked in for a long sleep.

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:34 pm

Coming up to six months now, and still loving it :) Had a spar with a friend a couple of weeks ago, he's nearly a black belt in tae kwon do, I've done six months in wing chun and just over a year in ninjutsu (compared to his three and a half years TKD and five years ninjutsu) and it was reasonably an even match :) I'm a kicker and grappler (kick at long range and move in while they're off balance) but when he and I fought it was at middle range, his strength, coz I'm still a pussy when it comes to being attacked and still back away :p but I didn't kick or grapple at all, it was shuftie :) They say a year in wing chun and you can become a decent fighter. Looking forward to kicking his ass lol
Wraith wrote:my tits are fantastic, you little bastard!

darktim

Postby darktim » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:54 pm

reason they say that is because it makes you good at in fighting. that arms length and less. get soem muay thai in there. will help your kicks AND will help in fighting with the elbows, knees and clinch work
when you wake up at nite with a start. And the last thing you hear is metal being pulled from leather before all goes quiet and dark. thats just me makin sure your tucked in for a long sleep.

Return to “Fudoshin Dojo”