Iaido

A forum for discussion on all things related to the martial-arts and oriental sword-arts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

cueball86

Iaido

Postby cueball86 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:05 pm

been looking at a MA that deals with swords and found Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaido thats very near to me and looks very intresting and less expensive then kendo. just wanted to know has anyone ever done iaido and if so was it worthwhile for them to learn?
“The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp”

Moon

Re: Iaido

Postby Moon » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:04 pm

MJER is one of the more popular schools in the UK and Iwata sensei decreed about 4 years ago that it be called Iaijutsu and not Iaido (same horse different jockey is all)
Pop in, gotta be worth a look and then decide, maybe you'll enjoy it, it ain't easy but it's a helluva lot cheaper than Kendo. ;)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

cueball86

Postby cueball86 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:39 pm

will do, just finding out if i need a wooden bokkun for a first time visit. looks hard but also looks alot of fun :)
“The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp”

Moon

Postby Moon » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Just call in, have a chat with the guys and get a feel for them and the dojo in general, you won't need one on your first visit but buying a boken is always a wise move even if you decide against taking up any formal recognised martial art which involves Iaido or Gumdo and Loz has some very good ones at a great price too.

*I wonder if I qualify for an ex-Admin' discount?* :S

Best of luck mate and let us know what you think. ;)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

cueball86

Postby cueball86 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:21 pm

thanks for the adivce! :D

Return to “Fudoshin Dojo”