Belt tying

A forum for discussion on all things related to the martial-arts and oriental sword-arts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

ECAkeris
Location: Right at the junction, then left at the pheasant with no agenda

Belt tying

Post by ECAkeris » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:05 pm

I haven't been to a judo lesson for a while an I have totaly forgoten how to tie belt properly! :shock:

Can enyone please post a link to a website that can remind me? :???:

Banzai Joe

Post by Banzai Joe » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:18 pm

ECA, try this dude.
Not checked it out myself (i'm at work on a mac), but its supposed to be good for what your looking for.

http://www.vaivre-judo.com/telecharg/Ceinture.exe
"A man should never have sexual intercourse with another man. God hates that!" Leviticus 18.

Festibu Amidaq

Post by Festibu Amidaq » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:08 pm

i went judo wen i was younger its (i think) middle part on ur abs part and swap them behind ur back then tie i think
我不真正知道如何說中國人!

ECAkeris
Location: Right at the junction, then left at the pheasant with no agenda

Post by ECAkeris » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:24 pm

cheers Joe, I'll have a look later. :???: 8)

Festibu Amidaq wrote:i went judo wen i was younger its (i think) middle part on ur abs part and swap them behind ur back then tie i think

Lol! I don't think you understood the question, the tieing bit is the bit I can't remember! Thanks anyways! :kiss1:

Banzai Joe

Post by Banzai Joe » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:29 pm

LOL, ROFL and a good ole PML.

ffs....heheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeee !!!
"A man should never have sexual intercourse with another man. God hates that!" Leviticus 18.

Lord Crimson

Post by Lord Crimson » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:51 pm

I started Tae-Kwo-Do recently, didn't have a clue how to tie it, so I asked my best friend Mr. Google

http://www.stanford.edu/group/kenpo/belt-tie.shtml

click on pics to enlarge

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:49 pm

christ, so much for a wealth of knowlage, or home tought martial artists.....

this may make no sense, its almost imposible to explin knots using words, but its worth a try.....

1. get the centre of the belt, and place it on your waistline, above where your "fly" would usually be (or for those with a little knowlage, the area generally known as your centre)

2. wrap the belt (equally) from front to back, and round again, so you have the middle of the belt at your centre, a crossover at the base of your spine, and 2 bits of belt left at the front, to tie.

3. make another crossover at the front, right over left.

4. the knots easy to do, but hard to explin. the first part you do when tying your shoelaces etc is basicly whats going on.

right part over left, and under everything. (that means not just tying the knot using the 2 pieces you have, but placing the right piece under the part closest to your skin)

then left over right, without anything special, and tighten.

so basicly, "the first part of your shoelaces" but going under the first "layer" of belt, then the left over right, and tie off.

good luck making sense of the text. lol

Banzai Joe

Post by Banzai Joe » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:57 pm

Wraith wrote:christ, so much for a wealth of knowlage, or home tought martial artists.....

this may make no sense, its almost imposible to explin knots using words, but its worth a try.....

1. get the centre of the belt, and place it on your waistline, above where your "fly" would usually be (or for those with a little knowlage, the area generally known as your centre)

2. wrap the belt (equally) from front to back, and round again, so you have the middle of the belt at your centre, a crossover at the base of your spine, and 2 bits of belt left at the front, to tie.

3. make another crossover at the front, right over left.

4. the knots easy to do, but hard to explin. the first part you do when tying your shoelaces etc is basicly whats going on.

right part over left, and under everything. (that means not just tying the knot using the 2 pieces you have, but placing the right piece under the part closest to your skin)

then left over right, without anything special, and tighten.

so basicly, "the first part of your shoelaces" but going under the first "layer" of belt, then the left over right, and tie off.

good luck making sense of the text. lol

MUHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAA.........ROFL and constantly PML ! :-P

Dudes, sorry, i'm not laffing at any of you, its good that you're offering advice. Its just the thought of trying to describe in words, how to tie an obi when there are so many ways to do it, really cracks me up (i am, after all, a man of simple pleasures).
Hence, there's no way i'm even gonna try and explain my version. Pointing to a link is the safest bet imho.
Always good for a laugh though, thanks! 8)
I :???: to you all for your efforts....and its not even my topic....lol

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:51 pm

well , its gotta be better than "try google" or something of that ilk.

ive never had to explain it in words before, and ive been doing this a long time. it was always something you just knew, or was shown to you in a few seconds.

but yea, i see your point, hard to describe in words, and i guess its funny to read, so have your giggles, i'll be hiding in the corner. lol :-D

Banzai Joe

Post by Banzai Joe » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:18 pm

lol, glad you see it too wraith, its reminds me of chinese puzzles.