From Golden Oriole to Pk

Share your knowledge of sword history, sword use and forging processes here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Ghetto_Ninja

From Golden Oriole to Pk

Post by Ghetto_Ninja » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:39 pm

Hi my first ever real sword was a go not so long ago now i fancy another treat to my self and i fancy a pk now i know it's a big step down but i have a sh*ite load of saving to do if i want a step up up i fancy collecting the full pk set or should i start the ppk set, i'm pretty sure these won't compared to my go as i feel privileged amd not worthy to be holding it, i feel that every time i take it out the rack a wee japanese sensei dude is going to burst in the door and slap me with the blunt end.
anyway what do use rekkon as a next step i'v been looking at the sabers as well but i don;t really fancy a straight sword but would probaly have one for the collection.

i think i like the cold steel 1830 better than the 1796 as it looks better any opinions on this.

Does any body own or know anything about the 3000 series Reinami as i like something a bit diffrent also the cold steel o katana at 49 inches i fancy that any opinions.

Thanks in advance for anything also please no sh*te recomending buying wall hangers a 6.99 decent stuff only cheers and any recmedations i have not mentioned would be great

Ta

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:04 pm

I own a PK and its a very nice sword, as you say you can expect a step down from the GO but the PK doesn't claim to be anymore then it is and thats why I like it. I also own the CS 1796 sabre you were looking at and thats another very nice sword which does exactly what it says on the tin. Doesn't claim to be a beautiful work of art it just sits there and will quite happily cut stuff up with no problems at all exactly as its supposed to

Killua

Post by Killua » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:33 pm

You won't go wrong with the 3000 Reinami, the quality of Last Legend katana's are undeniable. They are workhouses too, very competant blades.

Ghetto_Ninja

Post by Ghetto_Ninja » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:17 pm

I also own the CS 1796 sabre you were looking at and thats another very nice sword which does exactly what it says on the tin. Doesn't claim to be a beautiful work of art it just sits there and will quite happily cut stuff up with no problems at all exactly as its supposed to
maybe so for the 1796 but what about the 1830 the handle looks lovely on that does anybody have one

Ta

Ghetto_Ninja

Post by Ghetto_Ninja » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:41 pm

cunmon people desprate for anything here

Killua

Post by Killua » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:11 pm

Here's the stats for the base Kumoryu 3000 series Reinami:

Blade - 1090 Differentially Clay Tempered Steel. 27.5 inches.

Tsuka - Blue Japanese Cotton Wrap with White Samé. 11 inches.

Weight - 1075 grams / 2 pound 6 ounces.

Balance Point - 112mm

Sori - 1.1 inch.

Tsuba design - Reinami (Spirit Wave) tsuba design is solid disk designed from a famous Japanese wood block, Katsushika Hokusai's "In the Hollow of a Wave off the Coast at Kanagawa" (a giant tsunami as it poises over fishermen in boats with Mt. Fuji in the background. As with all 3000 series, the habaki, seppa, and menuki are in nickel silver.

Also, it falls under the Last Legend "You break it, we replace it" warranty for once in its lifetime. But I'm not sure wether B-UK offers this.

Hope that helps.

Ghetto_Ninja

Post by Ghetto_Ninja » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:06 pm

Thanks, it is a beast of a sword does any body actualy own one or has anybuddy used one, even seen or touched one :lick:

Jaques

Post by Jaques » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:07 pm

You should get a PPK. I know its alot more saving. I hate saving, I'm 16 and jobless (lazy). However, though the PK is a great sword you'll look at the G.O then back at your PK and will make favorites. PPK is similarly fantastic quality to PK and has better fittings. The quality really stands out between the two.