Dark Sentinel, who's had a play?

Share your knowledge of sword history, sword use and forging processes here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Hatamoto

Dark Sentinel, who's had a play?

Postby Hatamoto » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:32 pm

Just ordered monself a Dark Santa, anyone else have a play with it at all?
Wraith wrote:my tits are fantastic, you little bastard!

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:34 pm

Nope but azeroth_storm if he is still around used to have one which he loved like a brother :D
Banzai Joe wrote:Thats weird. Stared down at my penis at it looked like a trombone!!!! :|

Hatamoto wrote:Shoulda made the Titanic out of biscuits. At least things would have stayed level, more people could have gotten out :p

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:45 am

Seen one yes, fair for the asking price is all I'll say
Pimp or die baby!

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:15 am

Well Lexman was kind enough to link me to a previous review, so I'll spare you. Mine is due to arrive Thursday, I was just wondering if anybody else thought it was as awesome as I do :)

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:08 pm

Well, the time has come, thank you to whoever for separating the thread from the perverted conversation therein :p

So, first thoughts : I MISSED YOU TOOOO! Yeah, so great to hold one of these again :) The familiar grotesque but oh so beautiful curve, the soft suede handle, the wonderful balance...

Ok, this section contains a little fetishism too, it seems :$

I gave it a quick swing, and realised with a little surprise that one handedly, it handles like a shinai. Then I switched on the "Awesome two handed power", and I think I blacked out for a while... Such a stunning sword to wield, the ultra long tsuka gives you a seriously wide (what I call a two player, because it can easily fit four hands) grip, which makes actually handling it feel very smooth, seamless, almost floaty feeling. Due to the wide grip, and the thin blade, which tapes fatally toward the point, it's deceptively light.

I just asked my brother to help me out. I'm 5' 9'', but of fairly large build. My brother is about 6'3'', nuff said. I gripped it below the guard, and at the end (little finger on the edge, so the whole of my two hands were on there), then asked him to grip between. Our hands are pretty large, and the four fit very easily. It's ridiculously wide :D

Really, the only problem I have with it is the lack of hamon, but that's just because that's what I'm used to, and because different sources have advertised it as stainless steel and forged carbon steel, I'm not sure if it's a functional thing, or just a wallhanger. Also, it's blunt, while it was advertised as sharp, but this was expected, since all other swords I've bought have been blunt, even the Practical Plus and Practical Pro (which irked me to no end, for the record :p)

For £91 (that being with priority delivery because I was so eager to get it) I can't really say a negative thing about it.

Next sword - the Kilgoren/Sword of Darkness 2 (see the Kit Rae section of Blades UK's main site to have a preview of that monster!)

I've included no pics here because I don't think I could take any pics better than those you'd find on the net if you did a search, and I didn't wanna bog this page down with loading times.

Also, the sword came with two catalogues for items on the site I bought it off, but most of those items are sold elsewhere, such as the Paul Chen range, rapiers, broadswords, and things like armour and helmets, figurines, etc. Pretty standard stuff, most of which I've seen before, but in a glossy magazine (For the hardcore collector, I guess, huh?) the colours and detail really stands out beautifully, so while this isn't related DIRECTLY to the sword, it adds, I feel, to the overall package :)

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:11 pm

Awesome review dude its never really appealed to me though I am glad you like it!!

twas me who split it, though i made sure to move it to way off topic for it to continue :D

Banzai Joe wrote:Thats weird. Stared down at my penis at it looked like a trombone!!!! :|

Hatamoto wrote:Shoulda made the Titanic out of biscuits. At least things would have stayed level, more people could have gotten out :p

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:12 pm

Haha, glad you liked the review, I was intending to be brief, guess I got a little carried away :) Thanks for splitting it, I was enjoying the bizarre nature of it, but it was getting a little off topic lol

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:44 am

Congrats mate :D
Blade with whom I have lived
Blade with whom I shall die
Strike once dear heart
And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

Azeroth_Storm

Postby Azeroth_Storm » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:08 pm

Just nipped by, saw this thread, wanted to say :-
still love mine, and she cuts real well.
Needed sharpening to start with but just honed since.
Regards
Storm
First stage of swordsmanship requires the combination of man and sword.
Man is the sword, sword is the man.
Grass in the hand can be used as weapon too.
Second stage of swordsmanship requires sword in heart.
Bare hands could kill within 100 paces with the invisible sword.
The highest stage of swordsmanship, have no sword at all, neither in hands nor heart.
It is to comprehend everything liberally.
It is not to kill.
It is peace.

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:53 pm

How did you sharpen it? I love mine, too :D I bought an imitation known as the Predator Scimitar, for £31, lol. For £60 difference, I'm very curious how well that one is put together..

What does it say in your sig, btw?

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:13 pm

Hey AS drop in more often we miss ya (K)
Blade with whom I have lived

Blade with whom I shall die

Strike once dear heart

And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

Azeroth_Storm

Postby Azeroth_Storm » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:47 pm

It was sharpened with one of those diamond stick sharpeners
(2 really, smooth and fine, but most are double sided))
The sig says errm, Azeroth Storm, would you believe?
Miss you too BB (K)
as for the rest of ya :???: 8) (H)
Regards
Storm
First stage of swordsmanship requires the combination of man and sword.

Man is the sword, sword is the man.

Grass in the hand can be used as weapon too.

Second stage of swordsmanship requires sword in heart.

Bare hands could kill within 100 paces with the invisible sword.

The highest stage of swordsmanship, have no sword at all, neither in hands nor heart.

It is to comprehend everything liberally.

It is not to kill.

It is peace.

Moon

Postby Moon » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:58 pm

Hey 'Storm...come back soon man. ;)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:10 am

Yeah good to see you again man!
Come back soon! :D

Please :D

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:08 pm

:D me got one too damn fine piece an all :>

Return to “Sword Collectors Chat”