A bit Crazy

Share your knowledge of sword history, sword use and forging processes here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Pip68

Re: A bit Crazy

Postby Pip68 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:40 pm

Thanks for the positive comments guys, I will keep the sword as it is I think it might make a good taking point when I have my mates round, I just thought I would take a couple of photos of my wall and show you what I've got, I still have to put my Katana up and of course my two sabres.

matrix

Postby matrix » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:45 pm

still live with the parents then :D :D

...oh and no running in the corridors ;)
Geord wrote:i actualy prefer the aborted donkey foetus. carrie fisher is just too..... stern, good body and alll but the face of an 80 year old lesbian hammer toss teacher

simonatack

Postby simonatack » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:52 am

I've got to get me a bow or two like yours, Pip. Must have been a hell of a shot to bag that winged Demon's head for a trophy at the top of your wall... 'Clock was First Prize. Transylvania Toxophillists Weekend?! :D

Pip68

Postby Pip68 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi all
simonatack if I may say it was a dammed fine shot, I got his mate just behind the front shoulder blade :D , all the recurved bows are mine they range from 35lb to 50lb, the Long bow belongs to the wife, hopefully no body kills any one any were in the country or they might ban my bows as well, my wall getting a bit crowded now :cry:.

simonatack

Postby simonatack » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:17 pm

Ha! That beats the hell out of the usual stags-head-on-a-shield thing; a mighty excellent shot sir! :D Honestly though Pip, the bows look really well in display, alongside everything else you have here. I saw in an earlier anouncement that BUK are to stock a line of crossbows and archery pieces so, hopefully there will be bows as nice as these on offer. Thanks for posting these pics!

Moon

Postby Moon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:57 pm

There's a few heads I'd like to see mounted on or impaled atop of a wall right now too. :twisted:
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Pip68

Postby Pip68 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:20 pm

simonatack am glad you like them mate :D , the top one is a scythian and the one under it is I think loosely the same but a little bit bigger, the last one is I thing is based on a Hun/mongol type with the sihas all are fast and fun to shoot :D , the long bow compared to the recuved bow is quite slow (that's my opinion) but I still want one ;) , the one on the wall is only a 28lb, I hope BUK get some arrows in I could do with some more.
moon name the place mate and I'll bring you a bow and we can do some head hunting :> .

Moon

Postby Moon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:08 pm

Pip68 wrote:moon name the place mate and I'll bring you a bow and we can do some head hunting :> .

Howz about a start at Westminster and go from there until we run out of arrows? :twisted:

FAO visiting journalists and Police Officers...yes,we know you're there from time to time...the above is merely idle banter and shouldn't be construed otherwise.

Jeez...I'm beginning to post almost as maturely as the artiste formerly known as 'Jaques'. :roll:
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

simonatack

Postby simonatack » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:29 pm

Lets face it gentlemen. I dont see a head or a heart worth a shot at, among any of em anyway. You can't hit what isn't there in the first place, and those bows are worthy of better shooting in my view!

Return to “Sword Collectors Chat”