what to buy

Share your knowledge of sword history, sword use and forging processes here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

liquidator96

Re: what to buy

Postby liquidator96 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Well.......technically the 'zombies' in the 28 Days movie weren't zombies, just humans infected with a virus, hence they were no more resistant to damage than your average joe/joan........but the proper zombies who could run were first seen in the Italian horror film- "Zombie Creeping Flesh", that may not be the original name, but that was what it was called when I saw it on video, late 70's / early 80's, it even had a surgon throw a scalpel into a zombie's head!

As for defensible location, I to live in a flat, ground floor, but it's fairly secure & the complex is divided up into groups of 8 or 6, with fire doors separating every 2 flats, so I should be OK.......fingers crossed!

A good machete or wakazashi is good for close action, but I don't own either.......yet, :D

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:Lmao just stand and spin around in a circle with a cold steel two handed greatsword :ninja:

For some reason I just got a vison of a front garden with a white picket fence and a perfect lawn with a revolving scarecrow on it holding two chainsaws connected to a generator.

Dotanuki2K

Postby Dotanuki2K » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:13 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Just to clarify I am not a gent and I intend to barricade myself into a council flat, you need something you can wave around in tight corridors.

ROTFLMAO, Now you've done it.
I can see bobO now with visions of Angelina Jolie and Mila Jovovich in his head.

I am glad you described what a council flat was, I wouldn't have had a clue of what you were talking about otherwise.
Remember, "all" zombies are supposed to have infected blood, something to take into account with all your splatter scenarios. Imagine getting in a fight with a person with AIDS and getting their blood on you, only a hundred times worse.
Something you really should take into account, even if it, it takes the fun out of the conversation.
Experience is is simply the name we give our mistakes

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Just to clarify I am not a gent and I intend to barricade myself into a council flat, you need something you can wave around in tight corridors.

Why a council flat you ask? Well because they are large with a small footprint many on the sh*t estates like stonebridge park have metal doors on shock absobed hinges to stop them getting kicked in, they are full of cameras, toughened glass and good security doors, also one main staircase, lifts that can be disabled, you could always block the staircase and use a rope ladder in the lift shaft, plus hight is good for transmitting distress signals, hanging banners out the windows and for having a good view of the world before going out to scavenge, they tend to be surrounded by car parks and grass good places to build extra traps and defences, generator rooms for the emergency lighting can be modified etc.

lokks like she,s living in mega city one and having her own block war wonder if she knows judge dread
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:03 pm

I've got a judge death badge I csn wear onmy hazmat suit will that do?

Is judge dread a yardy gangster?

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 pm

judge dread a yardie gangster nah he makes them look like sissy boy hard man wannbee,s
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:44 am

You should have been here a few year back, we we're loaded with pussy :mrgreen:
Pimp or die baby!

Maynar

Postby Maynar » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:08 am

Larnz wrote:You should have been here a few year back, we we're loaded with pussy :mrgreen:

I am Brother Maynar, keeper of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. And the number of the counting, shall be three.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pimp or die baby!

Mellony

Postby Mellony » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:05 am

Larnz wrote:You should have been here a few year back, we we're loaded with pussy :mrgreen:

lol, classic larn - speaking of which, what the hell happened to the old Brethren forum, it's been completeley taken over now :'( All our old posts have gone :'(
Semper cogitatio.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Mellony wrote:what the hell happened to the old Brethren forum, it's been completeley taken over now :'( All our old posts have gone :'(
It's been retired. It ran its course really. Tanith is gone too. No real need for them thanks to Facebook and Twitter :cry:
Pimp or die baby!

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:16 pm

thats one pi***d off looking moggie larns you upset the moggie again
forum moderator

Return to “Sword Collectors Chat”