Coming soon to my collection..... Tiger Elite Katata

Share your knowledge of sword history, sword use and forging processes here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Coming soon to my collection..... Tiger Elite Katata

Postby Big Lazy » Sat May 24, 2014 5:16 am

Yup I'm ferociously saving my pennies to get me a Tiger Elite. It was the tsuba that first caught my eye, then I started paying attention to all the other details and decided I just had to have it.

A cool grand is a lot of money these days, and I've got a lot of more important hings to spend that kinda money on, but its my birthday come July and what a birthday present that will be to myself. I've currently got £250 saved toward it.

Check out these cool pic I found on the interwebs....

Pimp or die baby!

the blade master

Re: Coming soon to my collection..... Tiger Elite Katata

Postby the blade master » Sat May 24, 2014 10:49 am

very nice larns
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Sat May 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Wish I could buy one now, wish I'd spent most of my savings on swords I've coveted tbh, I have the cash for that and others.

no one's working now, I'm a stay at home mum and him indoors has been made redundant, we are getting penalised by the benefits system for being frugal and saving, no council tax reduction, reduced JSA etc, I'm expecting to be refused housing benefit.

Can't splash out, investing in swords, the office of central bureaucracy has its eyes on the accounts now so no big spending to drop the savings down to get more benefits.

Let that be a lesson to you all, if you want a nice weapon that will retain its value well, just buy it, your only get penalised for having cash in the bank if you fall on hard times and see it all vanish on things the frivolous will get state help with.

Treat yourself its an investment.

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Sat May 24, 2014 1:54 pm

I have to strongly agree with LW, the Government Brown-Shirts with @#$& you six ways from Sunday!

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Sat May 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Dont get me started on politics, I could be here all day raving about it (anyone that has me on facebook knows this already lol)

Proud to be British, ashamed of my Government.

#torybritain
Pimp or die baby!

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sat May 24, 2014 8:28 pm

come the revolution people :GG :GG
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Moon

Postby Moon » Sat May 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Big Lazy wrote:Dont get me started on politics, I could be here all day raving about it (anyone that has me on facebook knows this already lol)

Proud to be British, ashamed of my Government.

#torybritain

Same here, I have the dubious honour of having the most complaints to Admin' about my posts on our County Council forum but I've never been banned because nobody has ever provided a shred of evidence that what I've posted isn't the truth - maybe it's because I have a daughter who's an Admin' Officer with the DWP and another who works for the Citizens Advice Bureau - just be aware peeps, the Police, DWP and Inland Revenue can access anybody's f*ckbook and twatter accounts and even retrieve stuff that's been deleted. ;)

Back on topic...
I reckon that the Tiger Elite is probably the best looking 'out of the box' katana that Hanwei have ever produced, I've never owned one but I had a custom Generation 1 Tiger that I wish I'd never sold and wouldn't have if I knew that the first 'Samurai sword' ban would be amended a few months after it came into force. :-x
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Sun May 25, 2014 5:31 pm

Yep the tiger is a blade on my list and when we get back on our feet and the government out of our hair I'm definitely buying one, they say you can't claim benefits if you have savings of 16k or over, but what they don't tell you is they will reduce what benefits they give you based on your savings, 16k is just the total cut off point.

invest your cash, sod savings, put it in swords, knifes, gold maybe but not unless your keeping that for the long term, the bottom failling out the gold market is why him indoors is redundant, just buy what you like if you have the funds, I hope I can buy a tiger elite soon and a bushido, a sword stand containing many grand is better then cash in the bank making bankers rich.

See thats my advice to people now, if you can afford it just go for it, your be better off for it.

Return to “Sword Collectors Chat”