Very Good
40%

Total votes: 25

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:26 am

I've got the CS throwing torpedo and its never given me any probs

Adurul

Post by Adurul » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:22 pm

Blackbird wrote:I've got the CS throwing torpedo and its never given me any probs
No tang to break, no pommels to wobble, no wraps to come undone.

Logan

Post by Logan » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:37 pm

Adurul wrote:
Blackbird wrote:I've got the CS throwing torpedo and its never given me any probs
No tang to break, no pommels to wobble, no wraps to come undone.
None of which I've experienced with my Cold Steel sword either :-D

Adurul

Post by Adurul » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:40 pm

Thats cos you bought it from Blades-Uk who only stock the quality products.

Logan

Post by Logan » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:49 pm

Adurul wrote:Thats cos you bought it from Blades-Uk who only stock the quality products.
;-)

eagle1

Post by eagle1 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:27 pm

so Logan what are the poor swords from cold steel? :-D :-D

Logan

Post by Logan » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:38 am

Eagle1 wrote:so Logan what are the poor swords from cold steel? :-D :-D
Ask Sim, I dunno!

Kyudosha

Post by Kyudosha » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:31 pm

I bought a Cold Steel Warrior Katana as a club weapon for tameshigiri (test cutting). I bought this sword in particular because it will take much punishment. Having used it several times myself, and also having had it used by 15 people on a seminar recently, as they practiced cutting. It faired very well, being used by male and females alike.

I compared the sword to the PK and I was surprised just how much thicker the Cold Steel was.

The finish is poor on the Cold Steel but that's why the price is so low. All in all, I expect this sword to last many years as a workhorse cutting tool. I will be very surprised if it doesn't.

Jaques

Post by Jaques » Sun May 15, 2005 2:03 pm

I've got the Cold Steel Series Katana and it's an absolute beaut. I love everything about it. sh*t all over my PFK (though it does cost almost £100 more).

Killua

Post by Killua » Thu May 19, 2005 10:50 pm

All the ones I've come across haven't had any problems with them, but I've heard bad rumours about some of them. Then again, I've heard the same about some Chen blades. As long as quality control is enforced, there is nothing to be worried about.

I'm interested in the Cold Steel O Katana. It's one beast of a sword...seems like it's about right for me ^___^

Raij

mm

Post by Raij » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:50 pm

heh, I too share your appeal for the delicious "Cold Steel 0 Katana" Killua! I personally just think long swords are awesome.

I also own a "Cold Steel Series Katana", and as far as I'm concerned it too is a really good sword. Unfortunately I don't possess any other similar kinds of swords (regarding quality and expenses necassary for it's acquisition) and thus can't really make any justified comparisons, but I still percieve it as being brilliant.

I'd like to cut stuff with it (i.e. fruit), but firstly I haven't had any training thus am concerned I might employ the wrong technique when doing so, and also I have no idea how to position all the apparatus for it (I assume it involves setting a large piece of fruit between two elevated stands, leaving swinging room after the sword has gone through the fruit (assuming it successfully cuts)?).

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:35 am

If were talking large fruit what most people do is place the condemed roughage on top of a wheelie bin.

Gorilla Warfairy

Post by Gorilla Warfairy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:04 pm

Then all you have to do is swing wildly at it followed by sheepishly explaining why the whelie bin is now broken.... just me then? 8)
j/k

Seriously just take it easy and you'll be fine. I'm not too sure about that sword though, it might be too big to actually use properly :S

Raij

Post by Raij » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:37 pm

IRT (in reply to) Blackbird: ahh thanks for the advice! Now I just gotta find and forsake a wheelie bin....

IRT Gorrilla W: hehe, thanks. Ah, regarding swords which may not work, are you referring to my "CS Series Katana" or the potential "CS0" type?

Gorilla Warfairy

Post by Gorilla Warfairy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:39 pm

The O katana. I don't know how much you could do with it, but I guess it might be ok? You could always get one if you like it and let us know how you get on... (H)