The BIG match

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Kamui

The BIG match

Post by Kamui » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:14 pm

At last a decent performance by united and a well deserved win :D
Did anyone watch it? I could only listen on the radio :cry:

Logan

Post by Logan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:36 pm

LOL, I was waiting for this post :P

Congratulations ;)

I watched it. You did superb in the first half, all over us, but about 10mins into the second half, it was the other way round, all Chelsea. I'm gutted we couldn't put one of the many chances away. At the least, we deserved to draw.

Your goal was lucky though! You'll see on highlights :P

But there ya go, can't win em all I guess hehe :D

Kamui

Post by Kamui » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:38 pm

oooh yeah it was lucky i have seen the photos already! :D He was trying to put it across goal but put it in instead! :D
Well united will still have a bad season but at least we have a glimmer of hope now

Logan

Post by Logan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:48 pm

Everyone at work was saying how Chelsea where going to walk all over Utd. I told each one of them they were wrong. People seem to think that Chelsea fans now think we can win each match, I certainly don't ever think that. I knew that the match today was going to be tough. Despite what all the stats etc. say. Nobody ever plays Utd thinking 'were going to win this'. I was biting my nails right from the whistle! It was a good game (H)

Of course when we do win, I'm all for it :D But you know what I mean.

Kamui

Post by Kamui » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:55 pm

Yeah, although united have had a bad season they can still perform well sometimes when they pull their fingers out of their asses! :D

Logan

Post by Logan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:58 pm

As last season, you've still had a number of key players injured. I guess that's upset the whole team morale a bit hence the poor performances of recent. But as I say, you looked good first half today, looked more like the old Utd (H)

Kamui

Post by Kamui » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:02 pm

Yeah I think the slight change of tactics helped today, they were closing down quickly and using the wings well which they havent done much recently.
We just need some of our key players back soon and hopefully we can hit some form this season

Logan

Post by Logan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:05 pm

You were probably the only team I've seen this season, close down and keep tight against us so effectively. We really had nowhere to turn in the first half, we were always being marked, chased, closed down, and snuffed out before anything could happen.

Mos

Post by Mos » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:11 pm

you could probably thank the verbal bollockings given out by Roy keane for the improved performance (H)

Logan

Post by Logan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:11 pm

lol, yeah :D

Kamui

Post by Kamui » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:11 pm

Mos wrote:you could probably thank the verbal bollockings given out by Roy keane for the improved performance (H)
I think that is precisely it actually, Three of the players he had a go at big time all played well today Smith, Fletcher and Ferdinand.

Bugsy

Post by Bugsy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:52 pm

I know this is a late post
But

BEST.
GAME.
EVER.

Much enjoyed!