Official England Thread (Football)

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Adurul

Postby Adurul » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:50 pm

Logan wrote:f*ck sake. We simply suck. How much are those England players worth ffs!? Must be at least £20million+ worth of players and they can't string a f*cking move together. We blow. I'm pissed off with England on the whole. Need to sort their f*cking act out.

We're a football joke.

I dont know how you can say that. That was the best match ive seen since the WC started and the first time its got me excited. Obviously im gutted, but we deserved to win that match and i personally think that england can go home proud of the way they played against a bunch of unsportsmanlike arseholes and a sh*t ref.

The only critism is that sven should have got some balls, and played 3-4-2 during ET and not waited for penalties, cos we will never win. England needs new management, english management who understands how they play - FOUR FOUR f*ckin TWO.
"Simple as i can, i'll tell you, the difference, between a pencil and a pen"

Logan

Postby Logan » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:31 pm

Oh come on Tom, sure we played well after Rooney went off, and I guess you can take some pride from that, but we still lost.

Point I am making though, seriously, you believe that is how a team full of top quality world class players should perform, on the whole!?

Adurul

Postby Adurul » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:42 pm

Logan wrote:Oh come on Tom, sure we played well after Rooney went off, and I guess you can take some pride from that, but we still lost.

Point I am making though, seriously, you believe that is how a team full of top quality world class players should perform, on the whole!?

No, but the majority of our problems come from poor management and a young squad. In 4 years time, we could have a squad that have had the opportunity to gel a bit more and gained some experience. Most of the players in the Brazil squad have had 8, 10 or more years experience playing in a squad that has remained, for the most part unchanged, something that nobody can say about england.

We have one of the best midfields in the world, but not once has it been utilised to its full potential this world cup. Bring on 2008, a more experienced squad and better management.

Logan

Postby Logan » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:31 pm

I certainly hope so, I'm starting to lose faith in England though, AGAIN.

Roll on Premiership season for me.

ashley

Postby ashley » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:30 pm

http://www.me109clan.org A Day Of Defeat Clan

stYx

Postby stYx » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:43 pm

ashleywalls wrote::D http://www.ihateronaldo.com/ :D

Was only a matter of time :D
ImageImage

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:09 pm

Logan wrote:Lead from the back, Terry is best candidate IMO. Let Stevie G worry about doing what he does best. Neville, getting too old.

Nah I dont think Terry has the right leadership qualities, Stevie G and Neville are the kinda players that would pick the team up by the scruff of the neck and force them to play
Banzai Joe wrote:Thats weird. Stared down at my penis at it looked like a trombone!!!! :|

Hatamoto wrote:Shoulda made the Titanic out of biscuits. At least things would have stayed level, more people could have gotten out :p

Logan

Postby Logan » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:16 pm

Kamui wrote:Nah I dont think Terry has the right leadership qualities, Stevie G and Neville are the kinda players that would pick the team up by the scruff of the neck and force them to play

Excuse me!? :| Who's captained Chelsea to consecutive Premiership titles?

Terry is the obvious choice IMO, and if the media is anything to go by, they're backing Terry too.

Gerrard is far to quiet, and I'd personally rahter have him doing what he does best in midfield, rather then worrying about being captain.

Neville may not even BE at the next World Cup. By the time the 2010 World Cup comes round he'll be 35.

Adurul

Postby Adurul » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:29 pm

Logan wrote:
Kamui wrote:Nah I dont think Terry has the right leadership qualities, Stevie G and Neville are the kinda players that would pick the team up by the scruff of the neck and force them to play

Terry is the obvious choice IMO, and if the media is anything to go by, they're backing Terry too.

Gerrard is far to quiet, and I'd personally rahter have him doing what he does best in midfield, rather then worrying about being captain.

Neville may not even BE at the next World Cup. By the time the 2010 World Cup comes round he'll be 35.

And he STILL wont be good at anything other than long throw ins lol.

Logan

Postby Logan » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:43 pm

PMSL!

Mos

Postby Mos » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:11 pm

ashleywalls wrote::D http://www.ihateronaldo.com/ :D

Seems like someones a sore loser :>
Corn on the cob

Blackbird wrote:silly Finnish Kilingons 8) :D

HatchA

Postby HatchA » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:28 pm

Logan

Postby Logan » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:35 pm

Mos wrote:Seems like someones a sore loser :>

When you're country couldn't even qualify, you've no right to comment ;)

Mos

Postby Mos » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:50 pm

Sure i do.....im neutral 8) And we didnt qualify cause we sucked so bad ...not gonna blame ronaldo for that one :>
Corn on the cob

Blackbird wrote:silly Finnish Kilingons 8) :D

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:08 pm

Adurul wrote:
Logan wrote:

And he STILL wont be good at anything other than long throw ins lol.

He is by far the most consistant defender england have had in the last ten years, Unless you count Campbell as being consistantly crap

To logan,
I am not questioning him as a captain I just dont think he is the kind we need, He never struck me as a motivational captain more as a lead by example type, IMO we need someone like Roy Keane who will get the team motivated and get them organised, Terry seems too quiet.

Banzai Joe wrote:Thats weird. Stared down at my penis at it looked like a trombone!!!! :|

Hatamoto wrote:Shoulda made the Titanic out of biscuits. At least things would have stayed level, more people could have gotten out :p

Return to “General Chat”