Official England Thread (Football)

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Logan

Official England Thread (Football)

Postby Logan » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:55 pm

Grr.

Stunning first half, England looked like a brilliant team.

1 - 0 Half Time to England from an own goal (although it was more to do with Beckham's awesome free kick).

Second half. sh*te. Sven makes a f*cking moopoo change, taking Michael Owen off. Left Crouch all on his own. We just ended up sitting in our own half defending Paraguay attacks.

Grr.

Glad we won, but sh*t, a better opposition and we do that again, were f*cked.
Last edited by Logan on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 2841981 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:12 pm

i just used this as an excuse to have a few beers lol

nath/2841981

sprout

Postby sprout » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:41 pm

there was a football match today huh? oh we won, cool.
wtf? wrote:like looking for mensa candidates in a jerry springer trailor park

don't click this link...

Jaques

Postby Jaques » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:04 pm

A downright inspiring first half squatted over by a shocking second. Cole was brilliant and so was Beckham I thought. Hoping for a Sweden and T+T draw later, that'd be nice.

Mos

Postby Mos » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:05 pm

You're going down against Trinidad & Tobago...oh yes ;)
Corn on the cob

Blackbird wrote:silly Finnish Kilingons 8) :D

Logan

Postby Logan » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:57 pm

Sweden drew 0 - 0 to 10 man Trinidad and Tobago ROFL 8)

If we beat them on Thursday, we'll top the group already (H)

BeastinLondon

Postby BeastinLondon » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:23 pm

Mos wrote:You're going down against Trinidad & Tobago...oh yes ;)

lol, that's where i'm from, well parents. question is now who do i cheer for, the place i grew up or my origins.

lemme know the outcome :P
Go forth brash knave, for ye are true of heart and stout of mind. Atop your trusty steed you're no match for heathen barbarians. Your shield cannot be penetrated, just as your will cannot be broken.

Jaques

Postby Jaques » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:59 pm

If you think of it this way the second half does seem so bad; we won when we were having a bad day, gotta bode well for the good ones.

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:57 pm

Jaques wrote:If you think of it this way the second half does seem so bad; we won when we were having a bad day, gotta bode well for the good ones.

aye but paraguay are no brazil or argentina
it wasnt a bad performance a few players did good jobs today (Beckham, J. cole, Terry wasnt bad) but it also highlighted how much we need Rooney or Owen and our need for a decent defensive mid
Banzai Joe wrote:Thats weird. Stared down at my penis at it looked like a trombone!!!! :|

Hatamoto wrote:Shoulda made the Titanic out of biscuits. At least things would have stayed level, more people could have gotten out :p

Lexxorcist

Postby Lexxorcist » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:09 am

..... and a miracle! :>

Logan

Postby Logan » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:37 am

Kamui wrote:aye but paraguay are no brazil or argentina
it wasnt a bad performance a few players did good jobs today (Beckham, J. cole, Terry wasnt bad) but it also highlighted how much we need Rooney or Owen and our need for a decent defensive mid

To be fair, Paraguay aren't as sh*t as everyone makes out. They've actually had very good World Cup qualifiers. That said England on paper should have trounced them.

Once again Gerrard doesn't do much for England :roll: Wish people would stop singing his praises. Lampard had a much better game, hitting the target. Gerrards attempts were wee wee poor, way over the bar!

Though he was involved in one of the best moves of the match, when Beckham back heel flicked a pass to him, losing the Paraguay player and Gerrard passed it back to Beckham in one fluid movement (H)

Gerrard or Lampard? Lampard all the way for me.

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:07 am

Well lampard and gerrard certainly cant play together, they are both too attack minded which leaves a vacuum behind our midfield. When Rooney is fit i think we should drop one of the two and bringing in carragher to sit in front of the defence
Lampard, Becks and Cole can easily handle the midfield with the help of Rooney and Carragher and it means that lampard can get forward easier without having to worry if Gerrard is covering or not

Banzai Joe wrote:Thats weird. Stared down at my penis at it looked like a trombone!!!! :|

Hatamoto wrote:Shoulda made the Titanic out of biscuits. At least things would have stayed level, more people could have gotten out :p

Dreadnought

Postby Dreadnought » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:06 pm

I thought Gerrard played pretty well, and he didn't stint on his defensive dutys at all he made some critical tackles.
Ok his shooting was poor (read as crap) but nobody exactly shone in that department did they? Lampard had a couple on target but he didn't test the keeper at all, and they only seemed like good efforts because there were so few on target, what with us having no strikers.

The only people who seemed really ineffective to me were Crouch and Ashley Cole, Crouch played well and he can win the ball in the air but that doesn't mean squat if he keeps giving away freekicks by holding the opposition and it means even less if there is no striker to head the ball onto, without Owen to feed he was like a fifth wheel, Cole on the other hand was just plain poor he made some really dangerous boo boo's.

When all is said and done I think we fielded a pretty strong team, and it only went to rat s*it when Owen came off 10mins into the second half, tactical decision my butt :|

P.S Can anyone explain how Gerrard can be given a card for a foul but Paraguay not be awarded a free kick for said foul, that ref was loco :S
BlackRonin wrote:ahh a boy playng with his big snake what fun :D

Gorilla Warfairy

Postby Gorilla Warfairy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:26 pm

Not Carragher, he's not got enough creativity to play in midfield. It was tried in a friendly and every time he got the ball he took half an hour to think about what he should do before turning around and playing it back to the defence.

Carrick yes, Carragher no. Of course that means dropping one of the four in midfield but which one I don't know. To be honest with the heat and the amount of games to be played I think players are going to have to be rested so having both Lampard and Gerrard available to play in the same position should be a good thing, as long as whoever gets played is supported by a defensive player like they are at club level. They cannot (and should not) both be played in the centre together, when they are Gerrard always gets stiffled by being forced to play in the more defensive role and Lampard is less ineffective due to the lack of a proper supporting player.

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:48 pm

Dreadnought wrote:P.S Can anyone explain how Gerrard can be given a card for a foul but Paraguay not be awarded a free kick for said foul, that ref was loco :S

That ref was a complate idiot, The only reason gerrard was carded was because the Paraguay players were kicking up such a fuss and nows refs have to be seen to be harsher on tackles like that he should have brought it back for a free kick but didnt

Return to “General Chat”