Official England Thread (Football)

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Logan

Postby Logan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:21 am

stYx wrote:Im sorry mate, but if you think that makes him a threat because he has tons of shots and missed them all then im not sure how to respond. I suppose its monkeys and typewriters in that situation!

Crouch has already scored this world cup hasnt he? Someone who scores goals is more of a threat than someone who f*cks them all up!


No you still miss the point, but nevermind, we'll just end up going round in circles!

stYx wrote:Lampard has played in all matches from start to finishes hasnt he? How many goals has he scored from how many 'shots'? In my opinion someone who can belt the ball all around the goal but in the back of the net is of no use to us. He might as well be skipping and picking flowers for all the good its doing us. ;) But on a serious note, you cant actually believe he is a threat, can you?


Course he's a threat. Do you honestly believe then that when the ball lands at his feet and he's gearing up for a shot, the defenders and goal keeper sit back and think 'ahh its ok, he'll miss'!? The answer is no. They'll be expecting it to go in, hence its a threat.

You're right, its of no use to us if he's not scoring goals, I never debated that.

stYx wrote:Like i said i dont watch or follow club football, so i cant comment on that aspect. But i do understand where your coming from with your arguments. But look at it from my/other point of view. If you had not seen Lampard play for Chelsea, and had only watched his World Cup matches, would you still think that much of him?


I'd have tarred him with the same brush as all the other underachievers and underperformers in the squad, without a doubt. As I told you, I'm defending him as a good player on the whole, having witnessed him at club level.

User avatar
stYx
Posts: 971
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:20 am
Location: Stoke on Trent
Contact:

Postby stYx » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:32 am

Logan wrote:
No you still miss the point, but nevermind, we'll just end up going round in circles!



heh fair enough

Logan wrote:
Course he's a threat. Do you honestly believe then that when the ball lands at his feet and he's gearing up for a shot, the defenders and goal keeper sit back and think 'ahh its ok, he'll miss'!? The answer is no. They'll be expecting it to go in, hence its a threat.

You're right, its of no use to us if he's not scoring goals, I never debated that.



I suppose technically every single player bar the goalkeeper could be classed as a threat, and im sure no defender or goalkeeper would sit back and think 'ahh its ok, he'll miss' so i really dont see the relevance of saying who's a bigger threat. Lampard has yet to score, others have. I'd put their chances of scoring higher than Lampards, based on their individual performances.

Logan wrote:
I'd have tarred him with the same brush as all the other underachievers and underperformers in the squad, without a doubt. As I told you, I'm defending him as a good player on the whole, having witnessed him at club level.


Im not saying that he's the only one out there. Personally alot of our team has been subject to sh*tty passes, wasted shots and unbelievable cock ups. Lampard stands out for me, perhaps because like you said he's had numerous attempts. Im sure one of these matches he'll produce a goal or 2.
ImageImage

Logan

Postby Logan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:37 am

stYx wrote:I suppose technically every single player bar the goalkeeper could be classed as a threat, and im sure no defender or goalkeeper would sit back and think 'ahh its ok, he'll miss' so i really dont see the relevance of saying who's a bigger threat. Lampard has yet to score, others have. I'd put their chances of scoring higher than Lampards, based on their individual performances.


Oh dear god :roll: ARRRGH. Nevermind, lets move on lol

User avatar
stYx
Posts: 971
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:20 am
Location: Stoke on Trent
Contact:

Postby stYx » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:53 am

Logan wrote:
stYx wrote:I suppose technically every single player bar the goalkeeper could be classed as a threat, and im sure no defender or goalkeeper would sit back and think 'ahh its ok, he'll miss' so i really dont see the relevance of saying who's a bigger threat. Lampard has yet to score, others have. I'd put their chances of scoring higher than Lampards, based on their individual performances.


Oh dear god :roll: ARRRGH. Nevermind, lets move on lol


lol
ImageImage

Logan

Postby Logan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:06 pm


Sword-Nymph
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:12 pm
Location: Anywhere, somewhere, nowhere

Postby Sword-Nymph » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:09 pm

Can't see why your discussing dropping people etc :p I think they are perposely underplaying to wow us later ( hopes with fingers crossed clutching rabbits foot) .

I think Sven may have to drop Beckham after Sunday .... It was stupid of Beckham NOT to the Sven he felt ill :(
*add text*

Logan

Postby Logan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:37 pm

Sword-Nymph wrote:hopes with fingers crossed clutching rabbits foot


You have a rabbits foot? That ain't right! I'd see a doctor if I were you 8)

Sword-Nymph
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:12 pm
Location: Anywhere, somewhere, nowhere

Postby Sword-Nymph » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:37 pm

Logan wrote:
Sword-Nymph wrote:hopes with fingers crossed clutching rabbits foot


You have a rabbits foot? That ain't right! I'd see a doctor if I were you 8)


Hypothetical stupid
*add text*

Logan

Postby Logan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:37 pm

Sword-Nymph wrote:
Logan wrote:
Sword-Nymph wrote:hopes with fingers crossed clutching rabbits foot


You have a rabbits foot? That ain't right! I'd see a doctor if I were you 8)


Hypothetical stupid


Really I thought you were being sincere... :D

User avatar
Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin
Posts: 9987
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:00 pm
Location: The Best Midlands
Contact:

Postby Big Lazy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:45 pm

Could be worse, you could have Blue Tooth :| Oh I'll leave now then :oops:
Pimp or die baby!

Sword-Nymph
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:12 pm
Location: Anywhere, somewhere, nowhere

Postby Sword-Nymph » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:55 pm

Logan wrote:
Sword-Nymph wrote:
Logan wrote:
Sword-Nymph wrote:hopes with fingers crossed clutching rabbits foot


You have a rabbits foot? That ain't right! I'd see a doctor if I were you 8)


Hypothetical stupid


Really I thought you were being sincere... :D


lol no comment

fingers crossed though
*add text*

Logan

Postby Logan » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:45 pm

Argentina out, losing to Germany on penalties.

Gotta say, the Germans are rock solid, you have to admire them for their percerverance and stamina. And they ripped Argentina to pieces in terms of quality penalties, I hope England were watching and taking note how penalties should be taken. Each one was perfect, leaving the keeper with no chance, fast, direct, none of this side tapping moopoo.

Logan

Postby Logan » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:51 pm

Oh and the Argie Bargies couldn't take losing so one of the players drop kicked a German player after the match ROFL Bunch of jessies.

Angelus

Postby Angelus » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:17 pm

Yeah saw the end of this. Thats how penalties are done alright. According to the news the fight at the end was caused by one of the German officials saying something to one of the argies that sparked it all off, dunno how accurate that is but there should be some sort of punishment infliced upon Argentina for behaving like that after the game.

Logan

Postby Logan » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:19 pm

Yeah shouldn't matter who started it, can't condone that sort of behaviour :tut:


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests