Split from Fudoshin

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:43 pm

I'm proud that I've only been in one fight, and that was more coz I thought I'd try fighting back instead of being passive about being bullied. Ended up in casualty. lol. But yeah, in 20 years of life, aside from that one fight and a couple of scuffles when I was like, 9, which coudln't possibly be considered fights :p I've never been in a fight :) Always removed myself from the situation or managed to talk my way out of it. Since nobody's ever had a reason to hit me, I can usually remind them of that and say whatever else I can to take their minds off aggression (I like your car, how much did it set you back? etc), and generally things are alright :)

Course, the lack of experience means more or less anybody can pwn me coz I can't fight for toffee :D

Lexxorcist

Post by Lexxorcist » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:52 pm

"The sparrow never lands where the tiger roams". :-x

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:15 pm

"The b*tch is packing heat!"

Sorry, that was Reservoir Dogs.. (Get it? b*tch? Dogs?... Ok, I'll go to my room..)

They say prevention is better than a cure. But sometimes you can't help it, so I'm gonna ask something related to this topic, but a little bit away from it, if that's ok with you guys.

Geoff Thompson books. Read a couple, found them interesting (3 second fighter, art of fighting without fighting), try to apply them when I'm walking around chav infested Abercynon. The question - Has anybody read the others, such as real punching, real grappling, ground work books, etc, and are they worth buying?

Been meaning to buy the full set of books and DVDs but they cost something like £200, and I'm still looking for a job, so I need to get them separately. What order dyou reckon I should get them, based on effectiveness and usefulness of the books?

Lexxorcist

Post by Lexxorcist » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:50 pm

Is that Geoff 'weeble' Thompson?

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:06 pm

I can't say I'VE ever heard him called that...

Moon

Post by Moon » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:02 pm

Hatamoto wrote:Course, the lack of experience means more or less anybody can pwn me coz I can't fight for toffee :D
Hat'...do you know "Snuffer" from Abercynon?

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:41 pm

Uhm... No... Doesn't sound like a friendly type :s Who is S/he?

Moon

Post by Moon » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:50 pm

Hatamoto wrote:Uhm... No... Doesn't sound like a friendly type :s Who is S/he?
LOL.....no he isn't exactly the friendly type but someone you could learn a lot from,ask some of the older guys (35'ish) down The Thorn etc about him,they're sure to know him.

stYx

Post by stYx » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:54 pm

Sounds like he is setting you up Hat! Dont do it! :|

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:59 pm

It does, don't it.. lol. Least I know it's a guy, now. Coulda been worse if I asked about a woman called Snuffer, and this muscly tattooed bint walks out the Gents and goes "Oi, cockfag, what you want?"

Sorry, I've seen too many movies. Think I'll ask again exactly who is he? ;)

Moon

Post by Moon » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:49 pm

stYx wrote:Sounds like he is setting you up Hat! Dont do it! :|
As if I would. :twisted:
Hatamoto wrote:Think I'll ask again exactly who is he? ;)
Ask around and if you know someone who knows him fairly well he may be willing to help out with basics at the ASC if you explain exactly what you have in mind...no weapons though.
Just a thought....is all.

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:51 pm

Shall ask Kelvin about him, he knows everybody, even those he hasn't met yet :p

K@L@SH

Post by K@L@SH » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:10 am

jus reading some previouse posts there, i can say i have never been in a true fight and i have never had to use my tase kwon do in self defense, never even had to talk my way out. I have had to run away before.

Post by 2841981 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:20 am

ive never had to be in a "proper" fight before and ive never had to run, i just avoid it, cause at the end of the day if a guy pulls a knife on me and im unarmed im as good as dead.

in conclusion id rather seem like a coward the end up dead :S

nath/2841981

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:32 am

I'm no hero, someone pulls a knife or a gun and demands my wallet, I'll hand it over rather than get stabbed or shot, I don't think that's cowardice, that's just not wanting to get stabbed or shot :p Especially if I'm with someone. I'd miss the cards inside the wallet, though.. it'd be pointless to mug me. I never carry more than a tenner, I only carry my wallet coz it's got my diabetic and asthmatic ID Cards, and that sort of thing in it lol. But anyway...

In Batman and Time Machine (not good films to draw life experience from, I know,) the people who get mugged get shot even after handing over the goods :p Dyou reckon that happens much in life?

Thankfully the worst I think I've got to worry about is a knife, which being a short range weapon (unless thrown, but I doubt chavs would know how to throw a knife wih any technique, I once had nunchaku thrown at me that went flying about a metre too high and to the side :p), so you could run as long as you were faster. But yeah, what are the odds dyou reckon of having the mugger hurt you even if you hand over the wallet/purse/etc?