Football season 06/07

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Kamui

Football season 06/07

Postby Kamui » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:04 pm

hmmm thought I would start up this thread as now the Football season has started properly!
Not a bad few games today Liverpool and Arsenal both dropped points which cheered me up but my fantasy team only got 7 points today :(
The big thing though..................
Gerrard! should he have got that penalty?

personally I think not, there was barely any (if any) contact and he was easily able to take his shot which he fluffed and then decided to go down and appeal for a penalty
Banzai Joe wrote:Thats weird. Stared down at my penis at it looked like a trombone!!!! :|

Hatamoto wrote:Shoulda made the Titanic out of biscuits. At least things would have stayed level, more people could have gotten out :p

Gem

Postby Gem » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:06 pm

oh no!! *prepares to be a football widow*
[img:e2986fd940]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8231/angelresize4wh.png[/img:e2986fd940]

Gaunt wrote:oh you tease you *giggles like a little schoolgirl*

Sword-Nymph

Postby Sword-Nymph » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:46 am

lol Matt will talk to you he has same problem :p
*add text*

Logan

Postby Logan » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:18 am

Was most definitely not a penalty. Liverpool were lucky, Sheffield Utd. were unlucky.

Should have been 1 - 0. Sheffield deserved to win the match with the performance they put in.

Bad news for Liverpool though! Reece (sp?) and Carragher both off with ankle injuries opening game of the season lol 8)

Bought the new Chelsea shirt yesterday (H) Come on the blues! :P (and thats not Man City :P ) lol

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:00 am

Logan wrote:Come on the blues! :P (and thats not Man City :P ) lol

LMAO!

Nah I truly felt sorry for Sheffield United as they were really Robbed, It just p*sses me off so much how Gerrard made such a big point calling Ronaldo a cheater and a disgrace to the game for diving then he goes and does it himself!!

Banzai Joe wrote:Thats weird. Stared down at my penis at it looked like a trombone!!!! :|

Hatamoto wrote:Shoulda made the Titanic out of biscuits. At least things would have stayed level, more people could have gotten out :p

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:10 am

Gem wrote:oh no!! *prepares to be a football widow*

seconded :'(
Blade with whom I have lived
Blade with whom I shall die
Strike once dear heart
And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

Logan

Postby Logan » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:47 am

Kamui wrote:

LMAO!

Nah I truly felt sorry for Sheffield United as they were really Robbed, It just p*sses me off so much how Gerrard made such a big point calling Ronaldo a cheater and a disgrace to the game for diving then he goes and does it himself!!

Not sure I agree with that mind. I don't think Gerrard dived, I think he lost his balance. He actually tried to stay on his feet to be fair.

The referee is to blame, for a) giving the penalty incorrectly and b) if it was, then why wasn't the Sheffield player booked and sent off?

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:00 pm

Logan wrote:
Kamui wrote:

LMAO!

Not sure I agree with that mind. I don't think Gerrard dived, I think he lost his balance. He actually tried to stay on his feet to be fair.

The referee is to blame, for a) giving the penalty incorrectly and b) if it was, then why wasn't the Sheffield player booked and sent off?

Maybe it wasnt a dive but he had enough composure to take his shot which he messed up and then went down and appealed for a penalty IMO thats just as bad
Though yes the ref was to blame as he shouldnt have given it or at least sent him off

One thing that did seem encouraging to me was the players and ref sticking to this new ruling that they are not to put the ball out of play when a player goes down, Eboue went down way too easily in the ARSEnal match and villa carried on through the howls and jeers from the ARSEnal fans

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:40 pm

Ah what a start to the new season! 8 goals in two matches and the only team so far to have a 100% record :D
And Chelski losing to middlesborough was the icing on the cake :D

Logan

Postby Logan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:52 am

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:00 am

Logan wrote:...

lost for words mate?
:D

Logan

Postby Logan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:19 am

Nah not really, just dissapointed that we lost a game like that, even if were a few key players down.

Not overly fussed mind, its only second game of the season.

I do think it will be a stiff title race this season though. Mainly between Chelsea and Man Utd I reckon. Everyone talks about Liverpool being 'the' team this season, don't see that happening myself. Utd have made a good start and look like the early challengers IMO.

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:28 am

Yeah I think Chelsea will win but it might be a bit closer this year, United are playing well though we just dont have the squad depth at the moment
as for Liverscum and ARSEnal niether of them will be challenging this year as they just arent good enough, Liverpool have a good squad but just seem to be lacking something and arsenal are just too young and Inexperienced

Simoriax

Postby Simoriax » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:56 am

If it's not chelsea it will be united. I think the scousers will take either fa cup or league cup though. Seem to do better in knockouts than leagues.

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:25 am

So Logan what do you think of the champs league draw?
Looking forward to playing Barca again?

Return to “General Chat”