Football season 06/07

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Logan

Postby Logan » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:35 am

Yes :D

I'm glad we drew them to be honest, I love matches with history, it makes for a good game 8)

Plus its always nice when you stuff and knock out one of the trophy contenders (H) lol

Arsenal and Liverpool have got pretty tough draws.

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:48 am

I must admit I thought Liverpool had a pretty easy group, Galatasaray will probably pose a problem but PSV and Bordeux should be easy wins.
Arsenal will struggle I think but that just because they arent good enough anymore, Last year was a total fluke and I cant see them doing that again this year
Banzai Joe wrote:Thats weird. Stared down at my penis at it looked like a trombone!!!! :|

Hatamoto wrote:Shoulda made the Titanic out of biscuits. At least things would have stayed level, more people could have gotten out :p

Logan

Postby Logan » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:58 am

I dunno, PSV have suprised in the past.

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:19 am

They have a good strike force though their defence has been know to collapse like a wet paper bag at times :D

Banzai Joe wrote:Thats weird. Stared down at my penis at it looked like a trombone!!!! :|

Hatamoto wrote:Shoulda made the Titanic out of biscuits. At least things would have stayed level, more people could have gotten out :p

Logan

Postby Logan » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:53 pm

:D

Blackburn 0 - 2 Chelsea

The stuff of champions - play sh*t, and still win :P lol

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:03 pm

haha yeah I was listening to it on the radio, though to be fair blackburn sounded like they were playing pretty awful too :D

Logan

Postby Logan » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:01 pm

First half was Blackburns best really. They had chances and fluffed 'em. After the penalty second half though, they just U-turned, and we started to play. Drogba's goal was pretty cool (H)

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:04 pm

Yeah it was a great finish!
I must say that penalty decision was a pretty good spot by the ref, not an easy decision. Lampard was close to fluffing it again though.
When I heard on the radio that he was stepping up to take it I had visions of his world cup penalty miss in my head

Logan

Postby Logan » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:02 pm

Aye, but its always going to be harder for anyone who took a penalty and missed in the WC to take their first one at club level now, they know as well as we do watching, that the expectation and 'ooh he's gonna miss it' feeling is hanging over head!

Simoriax

Postby Simoriax » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:26 am

Don't write off werder bremen (sp? too late to look it up) they have made some good signings this year and might suprise you!

Logan

Postby Logan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:05 am

You can never truly write off any team in the Champions League. I certainly won't be going into any of our matches thinking we should whoop them. Its never really like that in the CL.

Logan

Postby Logan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:46 am

Hmm. We signed Ashley Cole eventually...but lost Gallas to Arsenal as part of the deal. Not sure if that was a good move or not...Gallas was one of our best players.

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:41 pm

I must admit I am starting to lose faith in united after this absymal performance in the transfer market this year :(
We have seriously weakened our side, selling Van Nistlerooy, Eagles and miller and loaning out Rossi only to bring in Carrick and Kuzscak (sp?)
even with the 10mil we got from The sale of Van nistlerooy and the 12million from Chelski kidnapping Mikel Obi
we were linked with so many players yet couldnt get any of them :roll:

though on a positive note, this made me laugh

How Chelsea won the league

Logan

Postby Logan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:08 pm

Kamui wrote:though on a positive note, this made me laugh

Second time you've posted that btw ;)

Sorry but its the same thing that I see EVERY club doing, week in week out, Utd included :P Its not limited to Chelsea. I mean, half of those fouls were legit anyway, they've just included them in the video to bulk it out.

Envy is a terrible thing 8)

Kamui

Postby Kamui » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:13 pm

Logan wrote:
Kamui wrote:though on a positive note, this made me laugh

Second time you've posted that btw ;)

Sorry but its the same thing that I see EVERY club doing, week in week out, Utd included :P Its not limited to Chelsea. I mean, half of those fouls were legit anyway, they've just included them in the video to bulk it out.

Envy is a terrible thing 8)

Lol I havent posted this one before :D
Only just found it, I posted a similar one before of clips of Alan Smith etc Kicking the sh*t out of Terry, Lampard etc :D
Yes every club does it but not to the extent of Chelsea, though you notice its only a couple of players who are doing it Drogba, SWP, Terry

I dont envy Chelski, yeah I wish United had abramovich's money but I wouldnt want to be a supporter of the club that has devalued british football and ruined the leagues for years to come :D

Return to “General Chat”