Steve Irwin Killed

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Gaunt

Post by Gaunt » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:01 am

me mum just told me about this gutted, I know alot of people didnt like him but personally liked all the stuff he did on tv, and the guy did alot of conservation and what have you.

sprout

Post by sprout » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:05 am

That sucks. :cry:

Logan

Post by Logan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:14 am

Yeah he had a lot of haters, personally I liked him. His wildlife TV shows were different, in that he got right in there, up close and personal with the animals. He paved the way for many other 'snake wranglers' around the world to start puting out TV shows, Austin Stevens, Jeff Corwin, Mark O'Shea - these all came after Steve.

He'll be sorely missed and Animal Planet will be a whole lot quieter without him.

RIP.

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:36 am

Hmm generally couldnt stand the gye meself fer various reasons but he didnt deserve to go like that a helluva lot of people will miss him particularly his family.

Simoriax

Post by Simoriax » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:57 am

I was gutted when i found out, loved the stuff he did on tv. Changed the mind of millions about 'dangerous' animals.

If you play with fire for a living, sooner or later you're going to get burnt.

Logan

Post by Logan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:05 am

Aye, it was pretty inevitable I suppose. Flirt with danger that much, one day its going to back fire.

Still a legend in his own right.

Mother Bear

Post by Mother Bear » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:40 am

He was very entertaining but it was bound to happen at some point. The only think I had against the guy is that he would hold his tiny baby under his arm and hold of a huge croc with the other, that was just plain wrong!!!

Dr. Egg PHD
Location: 1.The act or process of locating 2.A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Dr. Egg PHD » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:32 pm

I used to watch this guy when i was younger all the time, such a shame. RIP.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:24 pm

Logan wrote:He'll be sorely missed and Animal Planet will be a whole lot quieter without him.
Without trying to sound like I'm taking this wee wee here (cos I'm not) but animal Planets viewing figures are gonna sky rocket now cos I'm 100% certain they'll be showing his programs back to back soon as a tribute.

Logan

Post by Logan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:26 pm

Larny Boy wrote:
Logan wrote:He'll be sorely missed and Animal Planet will be a whole lot quieter without him.
Without trying to sound like I'm taking this wee wee here (cos I'm not) but animal Planets viewing figures are gonna sky rocket now cos I'm 100% certain they'll be showing his programs back to back soon as a tribute.
Oh yeah I know. There will probably be a Steve Irwin week/weekend or something no doubt. They'll make a killing, which is sad in a way. All I meant though, was once they've exhausted all his reruns, no more new material - they'll be off to find the next Steve Irwin.

Hanzo hatori

Post by Hanzo hatori » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:38 pm

This isnt the first time he has been attacked though as i recall. i think he was attacked by a deadly snake a while back and almost died then : /

Anyway its very sad to see him go. R.I.P Steve

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:07 pm

Just had this text message.......

Steve Irwin when last interviewed was asked what his favourite TV show was in his youth. He replied "Thunderbirds was great but I've always had a special place in my heart for Stingray" :|

He's not even cold yet for crying out loud lol

Logan

Post by Logan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:18 pm

You thought that was bad, I got this in an e-mail earlier today!!

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:26 pm

My cousin sent me this one