Steve Irwin Killed

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:30 pm

I'm guessing the price of real RaySkin is gonna go through the roof now too :S

Banzai Joe

Post by Banzai Joe » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:28 pm

lol, you b*stards!

He was one of my heroes, i loved watching the guy. So down-to-earth, full of beans and compassion, traits many others sadly lack.

Sorely missed :cry:

Kamui

Post by Kamui » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:34 pm

I'm really gonna miss the guy,
I loved his stuff on TV and he did so much for conservation in Australia.
I hope they give him a real good send off

Simoriax

Post by Simoriax » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:10 pm

Those 'jokes' really aint funny. I've been thinking about this guy all day, really quite cut up about it. Loved watching his program on a sunday :'(

Logan

Post by Logan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:12 pm

They're not funny, they're bad taste. Just like all the Diana jokes hours after she'd died or any other celebrity death for that matter!

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:46 pm

It always stuns me at how fast these jokes get circulated though. I remember years ago when that space shuttle blew up and 7 astronauts died, my mate was on the phone just after it happened and asked me what NASA stood for. I said I couldn't remember and he said it stood for Need Another Seven Astronauts :|

BlackRonin

Post by BlackRonin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:39 pm

struth m8

not a big fan as i had to be in right mood to watch otherwise i found him to be anoying but to be honest agreed boud to happen some day, funny how twas supposed to be a relatively safe stunt

Sword-Nymph

Post by Sword-Nymph » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:40 am

Lets face it if the guy was going to go he wanted to go that way :)

I really feel for his wife and son though :(

The ironic thing is of all the dangerous animals this guy has "got up close with" and lets face it did he get close, Stingrays are one of the most placid sea creatures!!!

darkhobo

Post by darkhobo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:31 am

Sword-Nymph wrote: Stingrays are one of the most placid sea creatures!!!
Until you jump on their back :S
It kind of upsets me that when someone famous dies people are all upset, but they dont think about all the people that die every second elsewhere. Everyone dies, just because your famous shouldn't mean you should be the only ones missed.

BlackRonin

Post by BlackRonin » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:46 am

true everyone dies

but more people know of famous people than you or i so when we go only our circle of peeps really know bowt it

Sword-Nymph

Post by Sword-Nymph » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:58 am

darkhobo wrote:
Sword-Nymph wrote: Stingrays are one of the most placid sea creatures!!!
Until you jump on their back :S
It kind of upsets me that when someone famous dies people are all upset, but they dont think about all the people that die every second elsewhere. Everyone dies, just because your famous shouldn't mean you should be the only ones missed.
By all accounts he didn't jump on his back :tut:
According to reports it was startled by the cameraman with steve Irwin.

I don't normally jump into famous people dead threads but it's a accident and so young :p

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:41 pm

I was out in Pontypridd yesterday waiting for a friend to help her friend choose a phone, so I was standing outside, when a mate called me to say he'd been killed, no details though. He said it was funny how hsi dad thought he had died years ago, and now he has. Kinda like "Oh, he isn't dead. Oh, yes he is" reaction. Proper gutting, my face fell, my friend thought it was news about my mother (who's in hospital having many operations) or something.

Not seen much of him at all, but I do respect him for what he does.

I agree with what someone above said, if he had to die, he would probably have wanted to die in action.

Course, if you believe in Hell, he's probably being chased by every animal he's ever messed with at this point :)

Git

Post by Git » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:56 am

He was a conservationalist... He didn't kill animals. :>

What a dude though. RIP. I'd write more, but i've already written countless things about this on other sites. His family have given the go ahead to release what's been done of the documentary, including his final moments. Which he would have wished for. Truly an entertaining entertainer, will be sorely missed.

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:46 am

I read somewhere earlier that his dying wish was to have his death shown on TV. I'm drawn to that, though I know I'll regret seeing it.. But he died doing what he loved, as I've said, and others, so really, I'm taking it as a positive thing, in a way. Like Bruce Lee, and other people, he died while he was really popular, he didn't have a chance to fade out. And he died quickly, doing what he loved, while globally popular..

Hell, as far as ways to go can happen, I think he got off light, really :) He will be missed, and I am saddened that he's gone, but in a way I'm glad for him that it happened how it did. We should all be so lucky lol

Simoriax

Post by Simoriax » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:30 pm

I saw the video footage of when the ray hit him. It was taken from a chopper way above so isnt graphic. It was in shallow water, he swam over it and it sh*t itsself and swam off as fast as it could, lashed its tail at him leaving a 6 inch spike in his chest. Seriously unlucky for it to pierce his heart, could have gone anywhere. Not like the creature aimed it or anything.