DVD storage

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Logan

DVD storage

Post by Logan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:57 pm

Has anyone seen anywhere, a nice looking bookcase style DVD storage thingy?

Desperately need something for my 350+ DVD's in the new house. I'm leaning towards a floor to ceiling book case stylee type thing. Struggling to find anything other then a bookcase itself, dedicated to the job of storing DVD's.

TIA ;)

HatchA

Re: DVD storage

Post by HatchA » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:01 pm

Logan wrote: Struggling to find anything other then a bookcase itself, dedicated to the job of storing DVD's.

TIA ;)
That's what we use ourselves, in the boxroom anyway... you've seen them yourself ;)

Admittedly, it could be a whole lot neater..... but it does for now :D

Logan

Post by Logan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:06 pm

I've just had an awesome idea. Rang Gem to check the depth, but behind where we have the three seater sofa is a largeish alcove, perfect size for me to get my DIY hat on and put a shelving system fitted in there 8)

Ooh the ideas are flooding into my head, frosted glass sliding doors, strip lighting... lol

ashley

Post by ashley » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:39 pm

i found that i had no room for anymore book case's so ended up getting a 1000 disc storage case, now this has allowed me to ditch a book case but i still have 1 full and the storage case is almost full aswell :| think its time i started watching some and stop collecting lol

p.s. at last count i have 1230 dvd's and this is not counting individual dvd's from boxsets

Logan

Post by Logan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:12 pm

356 is my sum total I believe. I used to be like you, just buying and buying as DVD's were released. Was spending far too much money and still had DVD's in their selophane, so cut down drastically. I now only order those that I really want, as opposed to just collecting every single film I'd been to see at the cinema, on DVD lol

Gaunt

Post by Gaunt » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:57 pm

Logan wrote: Ooh the ideas are flooding into my head, frosted glass sliding doors, strip lighting... lol
I've been saying it, didnt I say it...instead of a car he'd start moddin the house :p

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:53 pm

ashleywalls wrote:i found that i had no room for anymore book case's so ended up getting a 1000 disc storage case, now this has allowed me to ditch a book case but i still have 1 full and the storage case is almost full aswell :| think its time i started watching some and stop collecting lol

p.s. at last count i have 1230 dvd's and this is not counting individual dvd's from boxsets
I also have one of those 1000 DVD cases, but the wallets inside are a pain in the balls, right bastard to get the things aligned properly to stay put. I hardly ever watch them anymore coz they're such an arse to get to :p I only keep my *cough* indefinitely borrowed *cough* DVDs in there, though, all my bought ones are on shelves on the landing, and in a shelving unit in my bedroom. And downstairs. And in my brothers room. Lot of DVDs in my house lol. I gave up trying to count them, to be honest, keep losing track after about 200 or something lol

Check out Argos, if only for ideas, if not to buy, you're bound to find some nice designs in there, and stuff. It might be cheaper to just employ a carpenter to build it for you, though, lol

Logan

Post by Logan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:07 am

Gaunt wrote:
Logan wrote: Ooh the ideas are flooding into my head, frosted glass sliding doors, strip lighting... lol
I've been saying it, didnt I say it...instead of a car he'd start moddin the house :p
lol, sooo true! :P

Kamui

Post by Kamui » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:40 pm

LMAO! well you cant have things standard!

Its a pity you hadnt said about a week and a half ago as my mum recently came into possesion of an extremely sexy Bookcase thing with glass sliding doors and perfect size shelves for DVDs but we had to get rid of it as we couldnt sell it at the auction, you could have had it for free!

Logan

Post by Logan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:57 pm

Damnit! :-x

Kamui

Post by Kamui » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:59 pm

Yeah I wanted it for myself but I didnt have the space :(

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:21 pm

I hate when that happens :@ Gutting on all counts. I've been thinking about sorting out all the crap in my drawers (just misc stuff like pens and small books, and just, completely unrelated stuff I never use anymore) and getting rid of the drawers, opting for just a huge mound of DVDs :p lol

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:17 am

you know what, I've never ever counted how many DVD's I have but its gotta be in the high hundreds by now (mix of originals and back ups)

I just use argos's own standard fare bookcases and have slapped my plasma screen on top of two of them and it works quite well.

Get ready for HD-DVD and Blu-ray cases cos both are pretty different. HD-DVD has a nasty lip on the front and two little feet so side by side stacking ain't gonna work and Blue-ray ain't much bigger than a CD case so will look odd next to standard DVD cases.

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:15 am

The bastards have to be awkward, don't they :p