krav maga

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

darkness2

krav maga

Post by darkness2 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:43 pm

anyone on here done any ?

link here for anyone who doesnt what it is ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krav_maga

cybernex

Post by cybernex » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:14 pm

A Isriali friend of mine wanted to take it up, i don't know if he did or not though.

Moon

Post by Moon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:57 pm

Looks like bog standard Military unarmed CQB to me. :S

skippydm

Post by skippydm » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:01 pm

I think they had this on the discovery channel a few days ago... cant remember what the show was called, its got the 2 American guys who walk about trying martial arts. sort of a little and large pair.

looked alright IMO, would be worth having a go for yourself and seeing how you like it as thats the most important thing by a long way ;)

Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:14 am

Isreali guy I worked the doors with did a lil krav maga, his dad trains the Mossad apparently. He was a pretty tasty guy in scrap so I guess it works ok lol

p.s IIRC its also the fighting system they used in the Bourne films.

Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Skippynator, I believe it's Human Weapon that you're thinking of? The guy stood in the middle of something like 15 guys with knives and had to defend himself, and managed something like six attacks before he got hit? Pretty good show, that, did ninjutsu justice, which is rare on such shows :p Judging from that episode, krav maga seems a decent system, but ultimately I find it's HOW you train rather than WHAT you train in.

I wouldn't mind a go, though, see how it differs to the Japanese martial arts I'm used to. I daresay it's a bit exotic for Wales though, I'm amazed they have ninjutsu here. Keysi doesn't deem Wales worthy, so I highly doubt krav maga exists here :p