Do you love a truly great sausage?

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

simonatack

Do you love a truly great sausage?

Post by simonatack » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:18 pm

If you visit the city of Bath, check out THE SAUSAGE SHOP on Green Street, in the city center. They make and sell their own recipe sausages and have an AMAZING variety you won't find anywhere else. I have become addicted to their MONGOLIAN FIREPOT. Hot spiced pork with mango and looks like a whopping cumberland. Not cheap for a good bagfull at about £7.00 but, honestly they are an unashamed treat. They do some fabulous game-bird and venison sausages too. The ultimate, poshest bangers...the wild Boar is a bit tough but, not to try, is not to know. (I have no connection to this business other than a customer)

Legion

Re: Do you love a truly great sausage?

Post by Legion » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:34 pm

sounds very cool,i have found a small buchers in kempston near bedford that does a good gunniess and pork one,i am off to bath in a few weeks i will have to pop in there and have look

simonatack

Post by simonatack » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:58 am

I have a brother living near bedford, so I'll visit Kempston next time I see him. Enjoy your visit and the shop. Cheers Legion.

Cool McSerious

Post by Cool McSerious » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:46 pm

Generally I'm not big on sausage but when you get a really nice one they're awesome.

This topic is one giant double-entendre btw. Still stands though. Some good quality pork and mixed herbs, bit of pepper... Throw in some ketchup and a BBQ and you're away!

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:56 pm

Got a fantastic butchers just up the road does the best sausages ever, they do a pre war recipy banger that is the dogs balerics in a sarnie.

Cool McSerious

Post by Cool McSerious » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:32 am

Have to say though, when it comes to meat its all about steak for me. Hot through, but rare as possible. A good burger goes down a treat too. And roast beef. I'm a beef man for sure.

simonatack

Post by simonatack » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:09 am

Blackbird wrote:Got a fantastic butchers just up the road does the best sausages ever, they do a pre war recipy banger that is the dogs balerics in a sarnie.
Ahhh! When I was a nipper my mum had a grocery store, with a butchers next door who made his own sausages that tasted so good, time seems to have forgotten. She baked the most wonderful bread for the shop and a sarnie of these with homemade pickle was the stuff of my childhood. I wonder if your butcher uses a similar recipe...could I kindly ask you where I might find him, as you are from the frozen north Blackbird? I'm from Pontefract, west Yorkshire; would I be far away?

Moon

Post by Moon » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:56 pm

Hey sim'...dost thou shop for sausage at Bath lad? :S

simonatack

Post by simonatack » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:04 am

Moon wrote:Hey sim'...dost thou shop for sausage at Bath lad? :S
Aye lad. I saddle up' whippet, specially fo't trip down theere, A right bloody long way an' all. Don't arf bugger' t dog up, thee knows!

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:55 pm

simonatack wrote:
Blackbird wrote:Got a fantastic butchers just up the road does the best sausages ever, they do a pre war recipy banger that is the dogs balerics in a sarnie.
Ahhh! When I was a nipper my mum had a grocery store, with a butchers next door who made his own sausages that tasted so good, time seems to have forgotten. She baked the most wonderful bread for the shop and a sarnie of these with homemade pickle was the stuff of my childhood. I wonder if your butcher uses a similar recipe...could I kindly ask you where I might find him, as you are from the frozen north Blackbird? I'm from Pontefract, west Yorkshire; would I be far away?
Wrong country sweetheart :mrgreen:

simonatack

Post by simonatack » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:41 pm

Aww, never mind, honey.