dragon boat

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

quench

dragon boat

Post by quench » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:10 pm

Have any members tried this? I have been doing this since '06 now, and have my own carbon paddle, great fun. No doubt kayak paddles might be banned soon :D assault with dragon boat paddle in Primark, calls for ban :GGG

swayZtyle

Re: dragon boat

Post by swayZtyle » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:40 pm

Never heard of it :D
Did a quick google search, looks interesting, care to give us some first hand info for the rest of the members? ;)

matrix

Post by matrix » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:24 pm

done it twice!
assembled a team in 2000 for a charity day on rutland water, we bloody well won! :D
semi finalists the following year.
our 'drummer' was meant to be a 5'5" skinny blonde, and ended up being a 6'4" mechanic! what a let down :cry:
i missed out on joining a team last summer, so i went to support them.

Owner7771

Post by Owner7771 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:47 pm

Dont ask me where it was because it was over 20 years ago lol but I once participated in dragon boat racing and won the event which was funny considering most of the teams where made of men built like the proverbial masonry outhouses and the novice grimsby sea caddet team with no one over the age of 17 took the day grinz. We had the advantage all of us had experience at various styles of boating and working as a team and keeping time so we cut through the water like a kat through silk

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:06 pm

This subject died 3 years ago :|

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:11 pm

i was going to tell him that but whats the point : :D :dunno: :dunno: : [???] [???]