The Samurai Sword thread

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

prabs

Re: The Samurai Sword thread

Post by prabs » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:32 pm

Yoshiyuki wrote:
prabs wrote:
on another note i checked out those pc higher baldes the snake and the momo , they look good. but i personally wudnt buy them if i had the money even if they were second hand.
Why not?
I wouldn't go for the 3 monkey only because of the marked up blade,
but the snake now thats a sword.
There is also a version with black saya but I'm not sure if that was included in the 160 ever made,
probably only 160 were made of the green saya version.
dont like the colour,[reminds me summit out of seaseme street ] and theres better kats..nice tsuab tho . the momo same just doesant apeal.
and plus i called buks on monday and i orderd the pc tiger katana. = broke this year for swords...maybe till next summer lol

Raindog951

Re: The Samurai Sword thread

Post by Raindog951 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Ta for the advice folks.
The Zatoichi sounds like the beast to get. Or, both the Zat and the Oren ;)
I looked at the 3 Monkey one too, but that mark on the blade looks too deep to remove to me. Damn shame.
The Snake is certainly striking, but the colour is too much for me personally. Maybe as part of a selection of colourful Katanas in a display on the wall it'd be very cool....Pity I can't afford it. Be a bit like the scene in Kill Bill where Beatrice is looking at the racks of Hattori swords.....