A query on the law

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Owner7771

Re: A query on the law

Post by Owner7771 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Thanks Mick I do not currently carry any knife and I would actually prefer a belt cutter with the glass breaker for emergency reasons If I carried a rescue knife I would either in all likelyhood either A) remove the locking blade or B) use soldering to prevent the main blade from opening so no potential to use it as a weapon. Its a reason I would consider carrying a glass breaker// seatbelt cutter, I carry My first aid license at all times as it protects me from proscecution if I have to use first aid. A rescue tool is like a condom I would rather carry one and not need it than need it to save a life and not have one.

liquidator96

Post by liquidator96 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:04 am

I am aware that this is an old post, but it is appropriate to my query, there is a new site I found, based in the Uk, advertising spring assisted knives only, stating all of its knives have passed customs checks, could this be true? Martin. :S

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:30 am

Some AO can be legal because of loopholes in the law, if they are spring, button, gravity switchblades they are all banned but some clever cloggs designed the torsion bar
To be honest I don't have the foggiest idea on what the law allows and I doubt the government know either

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:46 am

liquidator96

Post by liquidator96 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:48 am

Thank you, that clarifies things and means the knives in question should be legal as you have to partially open them with a thumb stud or launcher / flipper, cheers, Martin. :D