Finding Lessons

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Owner7771

Re: Finding Lessons

Post by Owner7771 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:44 pm

Not really I know a little about a lot of subjects but usually have done detailed studies on things that caught My interest but yamodah was the source of all knowledge regarding japanese martial arts

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:02 am

Owner7771 wrote:Not really I know a little about a lot of subjects but usually have done detailed studies on things that caught My interest but yamodah was the source of all knowledge regarding japanese martial arts
No the origin of Japanese martial arts is in china, along with Buddhism and most other things of Japanese heritage

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:18 am

oh boy lols

Moon

Post by Moon » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:06 am

Most Iaido/Iaijutsu/Battojutsu dojos are affliated to The British Kendo Association, if you can't find one and there is a Kendo dojo near you they may be able to help, that's if the ones that Loz has suggested are not convenient of course.
Kendo is very expensive in comparison and I have the feeling that it's not really what you're looking for.

Owner7771

Post by Owner7771 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:35 am

you are indeed correct geordie way back the japanese where addapted from the chinese ones the oldest known martial art being bagwhua (unsure of spelling) the one japanese art that has varied very little is the art known as ninjitsu which is almost a direct copy of the RARE form of gung fu Hensuagi (again not sure on spelling so spelled phonetically) practised originally by tau tau monks a death aspect of buddism the monks of which used to hire out as asasins. Also little is known except by high level black belts about a style known as atemi a internalised japanese martial art

Metalcore4thewin

Post by Metalcore4thewin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:50 pm

hi i live near downham market so if anybody knows anything about the wisbeach 1 loz was on about.