My collection

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Owner7771

My collection

Post by Owner7771 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:58 pm

My slowly growing knife collection as geordie ross asked me to put up a photo of what I have so far

These 2 are new today with the sharpest being the littlest

and finally a photo of the littlest and my everyday carry
yes its a lil spyderco honeybee the cheapest in the range and cuts through anything Ive tested it on like a hot knife through butter

jamesb0551

Re: My collection

Post by jamesb0551 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:41 pm

reminds me of bigfoot or UFO pictures when its never quite in focus. you need to light the room more or focus the camera better

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Slick camera skills

Owner7771

Post by Owner7771 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:51 pm

It was with My phone lol and I had a hangover Ill take some clearer photos soon :-) especially if I get the spyderco sage carbon fibre and benchmade mini grip I may be getting. By the way dont consider a tenmylle wasp they arent too good the blade shape is ok but theres a lot of blade play side to side and up and down. The oso sweet is far better just wish I had used the money I spent on the wasp on a chive instead

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:29 pm

well if were showing our new toy,s here,s one of my latest aquisitions the outback bowie from down under knives

a slightly better pic of the sheath

the other two are katana,s lawrence had recently had in the for sale section
1 the handforged samurai

2the blue thunder special bucks edition 1 of only ten top one in the pic

shows you how crazy imageshack rules are they remove a pic of the down under sheath
yet leave the pic of the knife and sheath alone stupid 8*8*8*8

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Lol mick, your not supposed to overshadow people's collection with your own collection :roll: tutut

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:05 am

me over shadow god forbid lols :twisted: :twisted:

Owner7771

Post by Owner7771 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:10 am

Im only slowly rebuilding my collection there are peices I lost due to My ex I will never be able to recover. but cest la vie I will just have to work my butt off to get something worthwhile over time from small acorns mighty oak trees grow

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:17 am

how in the name of all thats sharp and pointy did you let her walk with all your pieces dont tell us it was part of the divorce settelment or was it a case of grabit and run

Owner7771

Post by Owner7771 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:08 am

I was out she called the police and handed them over for destruction for an idea of the pieces in that collection there was a genuine 6th ss paratroper gravity knife a mother of pearl handled ss dagger those where my old centerpieces of my collection of things sharp and pointy ok there where also a matched pair of victorian barbers cut throats I can replace them from my landlords shop but its not the same the ones I had where from an ancestor

jamesb0551

Post by jamesb0551 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:33 am

Just as a point of reference the 6th Fallschirmjäger division weren't ss however the 500th and 600th were ss Fallschirmjäger divisions.

But if you did have a genuine one that woman cost you a lot of money! Although being an illegal item it was a bit naughty for you to have it!

8steve88

Post by 8steve88 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:52 am

Owner7771,
By the way dont consider a tenmylle wasp they arent too good the blade shape is ok but theres a lot of blade play side to side and up and down.
Yours might be but mine is O.K. Smooth to deploy and solid lock-up. Try tightening the pivot until the blade only just deploys then back off about 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn. And you are right about the blade shape, they got it just right.
If you check you'll find that your Honeybee isn't the littlest or the cheapest in their range, that would be the Bug - blade length 33mm overall 73mm Price £6.95 then comes the Honeybee and next the Grasshopper, I've got all three and will probably buy the next up, the Kiwi in the new year. You are right about them being sharp, most Spydercos come shaving sharp from the box.

Owner7771

Post by Owner7771 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:14 am

I actually got the gravity knife free from the man who it was issued to he worked on imingham docks and he was sat with me in the break room one day when my dad took me round where he worked and i listened to his stories of the war taking his perspective not putting him down. It was his reward to me for being nice to him. James your right however it was not illegal to have as when he gave me it I was 8 so not criminally responsible and it wasnt illegal to own just to be given ect. Even so the thought of it being destroyed is the worse part it should have been put into a museum. Yes though she cost me one hell of a lot of money with the collection overall as that wasnt the only rare peice in it by a long shot. The hardest to loose where a folder and a little sheath knife though which where made for me by my grandfather

Steve you are indeed right it is the middle length blade in the bug series in order bug honeybee and grasshopper. I will have to try that one on the wasp but it will have to wait till sometime in early 2012 as I dont currently have a tork or is it torx (not sure if thats the correct spelling) tool set to adjust it and I dont currently have one. A query for anyone who has a chinese kershaw do the the screws on them all look stripped or have I just got a bad one I will do a close up with my camera on the torx or however its spelled screws and post that photo oh steve is it just me or does the blade on the wasp look like a butterfly knife styled blade apart from the thumbstud of course?

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:30 pm

it is spelled torx owner and a real bummer when a genuine piece no matter what it is
is destroyed in a petulent manner you never know you may get something like them again

Owner7771

Post by Owner7771 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:58 am

I will never be able to replace them the mother of pearl handled daggers just dont come up for auction. It wouldnt suprise me if at least half of my collection ended up in police officers private collections. By the way My grandfather just made a few knives for friends and family as gifts to keep his hands busy after he retired he was not a professional bladesmith it was just a hobby for him so there was no monetry value on those 2 just the pure sentimental