Happy New year all

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

the blade master

Re: Happy New year all

Post by the blade master » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:37 pm

funny you should mention the white hunter by puma moon a friend of mine has one which after thirty years of neglect
was in a bit of a state leather sheath dried out and rock hard (easly sorted with a good soaking in carrs leather oil) but you can imagine the state of the blade after so long stuck in a leather sheath blade allmost black with crud acids in the leather had eaten into the steel so much that when i managed to polish the blade to somewhere near decent there was hundreds of tiny pits in the steel that will allways be there like you when i found out its worth he wasnt a happy bunny about neglecting it for so long not sure where i found out its worth but like you the site i checked said to buy one now would cost about the £400 mark.

Addum

Post by Addum » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:54 pm

I'm new here so i guess this is a good thread to say hi everyone :D

First blade of the year for me is the English swept hilt rapier. Ordered it yesterday so I am gonna be well chuffed when that arrives :mrgreen:

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Welcome, and nice choice I fancy that one too, that English tuck sword looks a bargain aswell

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:41 pm

theres better to be had guys try the henry v sword the basket hilted back sword or the tinker pearce broadsword (listed as the early medieval single handed sword)
on this site

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:07 pm

Aye but they are a totally different style of sword and alot more pricey

Addum

Post by Addum » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Like Geordie said, they're a much different style to a rapier and they're not half as elegant. The longsword is nice but its alittle out of my price range :|

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:50 pm

I may snap that last tuck sword up while it's still available lol

8steve88

Post by 8steve88 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:25 am

Hi Addum.
Nice looking blade that rapier.
If I had the money that John Barnett Scottish Broadsword or the Barnet Single Hand Broadsword look nice pieces but I'm really wanting a Budo Crane Ninja Sword to keep my Budo Dragon Tanto company, I like the Huang Ninja Sword very much though but I'm a bit (lot) skint at the moment.
There's just so much choice in the under £100 bracket on this site it's amazing.

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:00 am

Hi addum in reference to steves post about the John Barnett swords, they are quality (for the price range) and rather collectible, they do some nice claymores and European style swords, you may want to check out the Scottish basket hilt piece they do, as a companion to the basket type rapier you bought, it's £80 on blades uk website and it's called the Scottish broadsword, I had it a few years back and it's a lovely piece, it's also rather heavy for a basket hilt

http://blades-uk.com/large_pic.php?product_id=2394

Addum

Post by Addum » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 pm

After waiting 3 days and hearing nothing from blades I phoned up to be told what i bought was actually out of stock and won't be back in till march. Damn :dunno:

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Ahhh unlucky mate, try thy Scottish broadsword roughly the same price and style