Mystery Movie.

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

liquidator96

Mystery Movie.

Post by liquidator96 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Does anyone know the name of a movie I once saw, it had something to do with the spanish selling guns to japan on the grounds that they were better than swords & the samurai that weilded them, culminating in a duel between the lead samurai & the spanish knight.
The spanish knight cheated & he was played by David Essex!
I saw this many, many seasons ago, any ideas? Martin.
:lordD:

Moon

Re: Mystery Movie.

Post by Moon » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:28 pm

liquidator96

Post by liquidator96 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Many, many thanks Moon, I'm off to obtain it for the wife, she has questionable taste in music and likes Mr. Essex, your time is appreciated, Martin.
:D

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi martain, if you like Japanese and samurai movies I have to recommend 13 assassins, it's a fantastic film, it's alot more REAL than most of the "kung fu" films I.E no flying or ridiculous super physics and has genuine historical reference :GGG

liquidator96

Post by liquidator96 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Thank you for the recomendation Geordie, I shall look into it forthwith, B.T.W. I just posted my & the wifes little collection in said dept., if anyone wants a gander, all the best, Martin.
P.S. does anyone rate the Toshiro Mifune/Scott Glen movie The Challenge, I seem to remember it not being to bad, Martin.