Strength in Numbers.

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

liquidator96

Strength in Numbers.

Post by liquidator96 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:08 am

Does anyone know the difference in blade stength, myself & the Mrs have High-Carbon blades, ( the Huang & Blue Tiger ninja swords respectively for those of you who don't know me), no edge or back Rockwell Hardness is listed for this type of blade, yet the Heat Treated blades have an RHC60 for the blade and RHC40 for the back.
I am aware that the non-heat treated blades are not as strong, but I would love to find out the difference, it is just one of those things that niggle at the back of my brain, like that Go Compare advert, you hate it, but you can't get it out of you head.
Thank you for your time, Martin. :D

Geordie Ross

Re: Strength in Numbers.

Post by Geordie Ross » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:31 am

To be honest, the difference between the two is so small it's insignificant. Also I'm not sure if thoes blades have been differentially heat tempered, making the edge and back the same. The only real difference you will find is, the edge on non heat treated blades may chip and roll back with more ease when you use it alot as the steel will be softer.

liquidator96

Re: Strength in Numbers.

Post by liquidator96 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:11 am

Many thanks Ross, for clearing that up, you time is always appreciated my friend, best wishes, Martin. :D