The Hobbit Movie

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

The Hobbit Movie

Postby Big Lazy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:00 pm

So I went to watch it last night and I'm happy to report is was bloody excellent. I was thinking it might have been a really watered down version of LOTR's but it stood along side the original trilogy nicely. I saw the traditional 2D 24 frames per second version as the new 48 frames version has been panned for being too clear, some saying it looks like day time TV. I didn't wanna go to the 3D showing either even though some have said it looked great in 3D.

The swords on show were of course superb. Nice to see how Glamdring the foe hammer, Sting and Orcrist the goblin cleaver were introduced into the film. I can see Orcrist being a very popular replica indeed.

Now it might just be my pervy mind (if fact it deffo was my pervy mind) but there seemed to be loads of unintentionally suggestive dialogue that totally out shined Star Wars saucy lines. Meaty Mouthful anyone lol.

Do yourselves a favour folks and pop along to your local cinema and check it out.
Pimp or die baby!

Geordie Ross

Re: The Hobbit Movie

Postby Geordie Ross » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Great, I was curious about how good it would be, didn't think they could match lotr, I'll have to go see it
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Mellony

Postby Mellony » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:50 pm

In the trailer there is the dwarves singing the "Far over the misty mountains cold" verse, but they only sing the first half of verse one then one of the later verses, in the film do they chant the whole thing? Or is that something we can expect to see in an extended version?

Edit: been seeing it now, loved it - tried watching in 2D but the projector broke so we ended up going to another screen and watched it in 3D - not a fan of 3D (looks too dark) so will be going back watching it again in 2D - songs are indeed seriously truncated - but still not bad at all.
Semper cogitatio.

Fellwalker

Postby Fellwalker » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:47 pm

And here we are again awaiting the imminent release of Pt2..........can't wait personnally as I thought the first part was total quality throughout. Has the potential, (almost), to outdo LOTR.
Always buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes...if you are not in one, you are in the other.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:27 am

Finally got round to watching the extended cut. Its about 20mins longer but dont expect any meaty extra scenes like in Return of the King. Good to watch it again though and the Bluray steelbook is seriously nice.

Here's a link to my boob tube review if anyone fancies listening to talking crap for a few mins lol - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfpLF1rC ... XA&index=2
Pimp or die baby!

Mellony

Postby Mellony » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Cant wait for part 2 - watched the first one in cinema 3 times in the end!

Just finished reading the book too - wanted to brush up on my knowledge before the next two films as i hadn't read it since i was a kid - i had forgotten SO much about the ending - cant wait now.

Curious how the 2nd film is going to handle Beorn's house though - the book very clearly depicts animals (mainly dogs) waiting on the Dwarves, carrying trays whilst walking on their hind legs & so on - no idea how Jackson is going to portray this without it looking stupid - but i hope he doesn't just miss it out.

Btw Larny, saw your Steelbook review on Facebook a few weeks ago - i was going to wait and buy all three extended editions as a set; but do you reckon the Steelbook versions will still be available in 2 years time?
Semper cogitatio.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:47 am

I would say no, and if they are they'll be very VERY expensive. Some steelbooks are worth a small fortune these days. Rambo for example has an asking price around £500. Most I've ever spent is £67 on a german version of Suckerpunch. It is totally gorgeous it must be said. My only gripe with steelbooks is you have to handle them so carefully. The slightest scrape will take the paint clean off some of them and they're so easy to dent if you're heavy handed.
Pimp or die baby!

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:13 am

The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug 2013 DVDScr XVID AC3 Hive-CM8

and a happy new year :mrgreen:
Pimp or die baby!

Return to “General Chat”