Metal gear solid rising

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Geordie Ross

Metal gear solid rising

Post by Geordie Ross » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Anyone seen the gameplay for the new metal gear solid? The swordplay looks incredible, like virtual Tameshigiri :mrgreen: :GGG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owKOjr3RS2I

Lone Wolf

Re: Metal gear solid rising

Post by Lone Wolf » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Why don't you download the demo its a bit odd gonna buy it anyway dont like metal gear its pretentious but this ones a platinum game gotta get that love platinum games and clover before them.

Serious666

Post by Serious666 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Like wolf I'm not a big metal gear fan but then I ain't an assassins creed fan but I'm enjoying number 3 at the moment so I might try this one. You never know. (it won't cost me anything anyway ;) )

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:26 pm

I've played every metal gear since the origional arcade game lol and yea I just found the demo on Xbox live :D

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Ohh and if you haven't liked previous metal gears you're in for a massive supprise, the gameplay is totally different in every way possible lol

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Ah I might grab the demo then as I've hated all the previous versions

Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Well it would be different its a spin off by platinum games (bayonetta, mad world, vanquish, anarchy reigns, previously the capcom studio known as clover, god hand, okami, viewtiful joe) got nothing to do with kojima.

never played assassins creed watched my boyfriend play the lot and they just look boring to me they are not assassin games give me a good tenchu, shinobido or even dishonoured and deus ex human revolution over that silly hay cart jumping thugfest.

Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:I've played every metal gear since the origional arcade game lol and yea I just found the demo on Xbox live :D
Arcade game? Are you thinking os snk's metal slug series? Metal gear started on the NES then buggered off for 10 years or so and returned on ps1 with metal gear solid.

Serious666

Post by Serious666 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:02 pm

You can't beat tenchu I know that I was just saying compared to the previous titles the new assassins creed is ok. I'm defo gonna try the new metal gear. Has anyone played the new dmc yet and is it any good?

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:08 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Geordie Ross wrote:I've played every metal gear since the origional arcade game lol and yea I just found the demo on Xbox live :D
Arcade game? Are you thinking os snk's metal slug series? Metal gear started on the NES then buggered off for 10 years or so and returned on ps1 with metal gear solid.
Nah it was metal gear, was like a 2d arcade game lol
And yea the new DMC is pretty good, much better than the previous one as ninja theory have revamped it. The demo is also available on Xbox live.

Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:12 pm

You take that back its lame compared to proper devil may cry and thst little angsty emo ruins the name dante, yeah guess what my sons called.

I've got a whole collection of dante posters and figures etc.

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Lol I like the new young Dante, he's not a stylish as the original but some of the cut scenes and boss fights rival the original dmc's
PS are you eva? :mrgreen:
Last edited by Geordie Ross on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Erm sparda was his dad. I hate new dantehe looks likehe should be in twilight and they are trying to hard to pretend to be american with the dialogue.

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Yea I forgot its Eva that's his mother lol, and I think its a well needed revamp, the original ones started getting a bit samey, and the fourth was a total disappointment.

Serious666

Post by Serious666 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:36 pm

See this is the problem I have. One person says its good then one says its bad. A friend of mine said "as a devil may cry fan, if you like this game your not a true fan" lol