Blackout!

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

liquidator96

Blackout!

Postby liquidator96 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Just watching a Docu-Drama on C4 about the premise of a 'cyber-attack' cutting off the UK's power, it will be interesting to see how it plays out, but for those of us that grew up in the 70's, we experienced, to a lesser degree, Blackout's on a regular basis.
There is of course the HUGE technology difference now, at the least it's a good precursor the the fourth coming 'Zombie Apocalypse'!
LOL!
What do YOU think?

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Re: Blackout!

Postby Big Lazy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:05 am

I remember the blackouts in the 70's as a kid. Was fun times as everyone had no choice but to come outside and actually talk to their neighbours. I was actually guilty of causing a blackout myself when I used to play in one of those old open top MEB generators. I found a button under a small lock I'd snapped off and it said 'Push to Trip' yup I just had to push it didn't I haha. Police was called out and all sorts :oops:

I think I might have fried my testicles though as with all the fanny I've busted nutz in I've never to this day impregnated a b*tch :bestemoticonEVER:

Hey who can forgot the Queens silver jubilee street parties too. You just dont get that kinda fun with the people in your street anymore :cry:
Pimp or die baby!

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Indeed! I remember doing homework by candlelight one night, when someone came to the door, my Mother answered & I accidentally nuged the candle, which promptly fell on to some paper and caught light!
I panicked, as child I would, but my Mother came back & put it out, and that was the last time I did homework by candlelight, those where the days...........

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:54 pm

I spotted a few adverts for that and I just thought it looked stupid, don't hospitals have generators in case of black out?

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:I spotted a few adverts for that and I just thought it looked stupid, don't hospitals have generators in case of black out?

Yeah... Big ones. I work for a company that supplies them... They kick in, in tiny amounts of time.
God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:43 am

Always wondered how long those kinda generators last for?
Pimp or die baby!

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:25 pm

I would have thought for as long as the diesel supplies last, unless they are like tanks and can take any old crap like cooking oil, which they should do.

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Larnz wrote:Always wondered how long those kinda generators last for?

I believe their rated for about 4000hrs of continuous use... Servicing aside...

God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Return to “General Chat”