Do we have any shooters here? With Semi-auto experience?

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

wtf?

Re: Do we have any shooters here? With Semi-auto experience?

Postby wtf? » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Well... I know for a fact you can shoot semi M4 style rifles in 22lr in certain ranges... Thats about I can contribute. You can also fire fullbore M4 type things in straightpull. Bolt action... In theory... Anything.
God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Moon

Postby Moon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:04 am

Geordie Ross wrote:Yea the calibers are restricted.

Not just the calibers Ross, barrel length and overall length are controlled too.
Somebody posted not so long ago that they know a bloke in London that has a 'license' for an UZI which is kept in the boot of his car. :S
Maybe the geezer lives in London but the UZI and car are in another country or the poster lives in 'cloud cuckoo land'. :roll:

conner wrote:HI guys
I know a little trick we used with the 7.62 S.L.R in my day we called it the matchstick auto 21 rounds 30 secs 20 in mag 1 up spout and the S.L.R was a semi auto
:GG

Inserting a 'matchstick' in the firing mechanism of the semi-auto FN SLR is a 'one off' substitute for the sear which engages when full-auto is selected in the FAL and as Barry more or less said, after 4-5 rounds, it becomes an 'ack ack' weapon. :D

wtf? wrote:Well... I know for a fact you can shoot semi M4 style rifles in 22lr in certain ranges... Thats about I can contribute. You can also fire fullbore M4 type things in straightpull. Bolt action... In theory... Anything.

There are ranges, one not far from me where you can fire ·50 cal single but it's only a few times a year owing to the low number of members who have the required slot on their FAC apparently.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:30 pm

I didn't know the barrel length was restricted, but I think the magazine capacity is restricted to something like 2, you're probably best off getting a bolt action, unless they're restricted too?
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:I didn't know the barrel length was restricted, but I think the magazine capacity is restricted to something like 2, you're probably best off getting a bolt action, unless they're restricted too?

As far as im aware, bolt actions generally are only restricted (mag size) by customer need. Usually to 10. Semi Auto... Up to about 30 round mags are available... Any longer than that, and their too big for the gun. I think you can use 50 and 200rd drum mags as well. The rifle I was looking at comes with a single 25rd mag... Maybe 20, I cant quite recall.

God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Moon

Postby Moon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:42 am

wtf? wrote:As far as im aware, bolt actions generally are only restricted (mag size) by customer need. Usually to 10. Semi Auto... Up to about 30 round mags are available... Any longer than that, and their too big for the gun. I think you can use 50 and 200rd drum mags as well. The rifle I was looking at comes with a single 25rd mag... Maybe 20, I cant quite recall.

No restrictions on mag capacity of any gun that's legal in the UK - barrel and overall lengths are limited to a minimum of 30cm and 60cm respectively to all rifles regardless of caliber and action - shotguns come under a different catagory but I've a feeling that I'm preaching to the choir here. :D
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:44 pm

hi moon
seeing the above q/a whats the rules and regs on black powder weapons over here the reason im asking is that ive found a us site
that sells black powder weapons kits you build youself (pistols/rifles in 50 calibre) most are single shot I think goose showed
us a pistol he built himself on this forum
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Moon

Postby Moon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:25 pm

the blade master wrote:hi moon
seeing the above q/a whats the rules and regs on black powder weapons over here the reason im asking is that ive found a us site
that sells black powder weapons kits you build youself (pistols/rifles in 50 calibre) most are single shot I think goose showed
us a pistol he built himself on this forum

You don't need to import or build black powder guns Mick, there are loads for sale in the UK like here but what you will need is a Firearms Certificate (FAC) and membership of an approved shooting club which allows black powder guns if you want to fire them.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:25 am

thanks moon makes good reading
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

jamesb0551

Postby jamesb0551 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:35 pm

most back powder muskets come under shotgun licencing, and then you have to get a black powder licence to handle and store the stuff

you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king, and you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil - Horatio Nelson

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:11 pm

eh up guys look whose back
forum moderator

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:00 pm

Wor jimmy! :D
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Moon

Postby Moon » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:12 am

jamesb0551 wrote:most back powder muskets come under shotgun licencing, and then you have to get a black powder licence to handle and store the stuff

That's right James but you will need a FAC to fire ball or slug from one.

jamesb0551

Postby jamesb0551 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi moon

No you don't, muskets being smooth bore come under shotgun licencing and you can fire musket balls under that licence. Trust me my group do it quite often. The only time you need an FAC is if the barrel is rifled.
you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king, and you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil - Horatio Nelson

Moon

Postby Moon » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:45 pm

I stand corrected but it must be black powder only, I know that slugs in smooth or rifled barrelled shotguns are illegal without a FAC.

jamesb0551

Postby jamesb0551 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:16 am

Firing slugs through a shotgun is banned now anyway moon, well my mates who go shooting clays tell me.

Return to “General Chat”