If wishes were knives.........

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

liquidator96

If wishes were knives.........

Postby liquidator96 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:26 am

As we all know, in the U.K. there are many knives & swords that are banned, I personally don't agree with the bans & if I could wish one ban to be lifted it would be for...........
The Balisong!
I had one years ago & enjoyed 'playing' with it, there are many different types out there & a world of choice would be available.
My question is what would YOUR banned blade be & why?

Lastly, have a Great New Year everyone. :D

Lone Wolf

Re: If wishes were knives.........

Postby Lone Wolf » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:55 am

Same as you but also switchblades always wanted one simply because they look cool

Mellony

Postby Mellony » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Would give my left nut for the UC High Elven Sword - the "ban" prevented me from completing my Lotr collection :(

"this" close to having Rob @ CastleKeep forge me one

Semper cogitatio.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:17 pm

aye mell
rob dose make some first rate stuff if you do go that route for the lotr sword
please post the pics as they,ll be well worth the look see
cheers mick
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Moon

Postby Moon » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:35 am

liquidator96 wrote:As we all know, in the U.K. there are many knives & swords that are banned, I personally don't agree with the bans & if I could wish one ban to be lifted it would be for...........
The Balisong!
I had one years ago & enjoyed 'playing' with it, there are many different types out there & a world of choice would be available.
My question is what would YOUR banned blade be & why?

Lastly, have a Great New Year everyone. :D

Allo Dave. :D
I've never understood why the balisong was banned either; I guess it's down to the American 'gangsta' image in the movies as they're not so easy to flip as it looks, not for me anyway and a Spyderco UKPK is safer, easier and faster to deploy while being a 100% legal EDC in the UK but pretty boring.
Personally, I'd like to see the ban on all prohibited blades lifted; it's people who kill and maim others, not swords and knives.

Lone Wolf wrote:Same as you but also switchblades always wanted one simply because they look cool

Switchblades do look cool and that's about it really Ms Wolf IMO, I've got one 'switch' and one 'out the front' but I find my legal to buy and sell (so far) 'assisted openers' are just as fast to deploy - not that I ever need them to.

Konata Izumi wrote:For me it would be a butterfly knife. My bloke has one, an Albinox, he's had it for years, and it's just a cool thing. I've kinda "adopted" it. It's sitting by the keyboard right now.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
The 'butterfly knife' you mention is better known as a balisong as mentioned above - just saying. ;)

....and a very Happy New Year to everyone from me, I may be sober by next Monday. :D
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Lol Moon, I may have to join you in sobriety on Monday, this time of year is the only time I get to have a little drinky! :008

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Looking cool is good enough for me, don't really care about practicality, I've got a ring back lock knife I can't open for toffee due to weak little girl hands but I still like it as its an unusual addition to the collection.

Agree that bailsongs are not fast to open I own 2, obe keyring renie and tolledo one and a rustic looking one from the south of France with a wood inlayed handle, I used to carry a assisted opening knife on me called something like crocodile or alligator thats really fast to open, the fastest I have by far and it was a legal carry in the uk.

How long have all the things like bailsongs and paratrooper blades been illegal?

I still don't understand why we can't have mace or peper spray

Moon

Postby Moon » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:32 am

Lone Wolf wrote:How long have all the things like bailsongs and paratrooper blades been illegal?

Switchblades and gravity knives were banned in 1959; balisongs were added in 1989...
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... DS_FAQ.pdf

If you like assisted openers that look just like stiletto type switchblades, google Darrel Ralph Madd Maxx knives, they're available in the UK occasionally, legal (so far) but expensive.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:09 am

I've got a mtech that looks very similar to those madd maxx things maybe its based on em :S

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:08 pm

Pic please!

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:13 pm

Let me see, if its in the draw I sealed with tape after the child lock broke you're out of luck.....

its not on top of the wardrobe so you are out of luck.

I am in two minds about buying somekind of locking large tool box or something or buying a drill and trying to repair the failing apart storage box here and sticking a lock on it :S

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:08 pm

We use large under bed storage boxes, the ones made of clear plastic, if you have anything like that, drilling a hole shouldn't be difficult, then padlock. :D

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:05 pm

No room under there, so many games and dvds

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:34 am

I know this may be on the more expensive side, but have you considered wall mounted display cases?

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:43 pm

you would never get her to fit in one dave :D
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Return to “General Chat”