The Blades-UK Chronicles: A mind to kill

Chat with like minded people. Post anything in 'general' from latest happenings in the media to whats your favourite food!

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Gaunt

The Blades-UK Chronicles: A mind to kill

Post by Gaunt » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:07 am

It was 3am on a tuesday night, manchester was its cold self, rain drizzled down the side of buildings leaving small pools at intervals down the pavement. Silence gripped the city, normally busseling with sounds during the day or weekends, now it was so quiet the silence was deafening, Streets basking the city in a yellow glow, side streets looking like black abyss's, a homeless man, wittling away the night trying the impossible task of getting comfortable under his moth eaten rag, his task made all the more difficult as the silence was ended by the sound of drunken laughing.

The group staggered down the street, passing bottles of vodka to each other in turn swigging and spilling the contents, the liquid dripped off their chins down there tops over their tracksuit bottoms dulling the shine of the lights.
The homeless man tried to push himself further into the doorframe, but it was to no avail
'Ha...look the f*ck at him...hellooo little man...why dont you go hoooomm..hoom....home..HA you cant can you, silly little man with his rag' The group laughed at the man in the door frame one lashed out kicking him, the man yelped, wish himself on the other side of the door. The group soon got bored, one fumbled in his pockets, finally pulling out a pack of cigarettes gesturing the others to follow, the wandered down the alley throwing insults over their shoulders at the man, who simply dabbed his tears on his rag, pulling it over his face he tried to close his eyes, praying for sleep to take him before they decided to come back. He muttered a prayer as he heard them stop walking, almost crying infear of what might happen he looked over his rag.

The Group stood about 15 feet down the alley, all now with cigarettes in mouth, they all fumbled in there pockets, one stopped and looked up sniffing
'What the f*ck is that smell?' one of the others looked up
'ah shut up, probably that homeless guy'
'Nah, nah smells like...' The footsteps resounded out of the shadows, the blackness forming a figure stood a few feet away. The group stopped fumbling and looked up at the new arrival
'Who the f*ck are you' one ventured, the figure stood silently, the moonlight from above casting them as a shadow, featureless.
'Looks like someone who thinks there a hard man to me' One broke from the group took a step forward and stopped
'Is that what you think you are some kinda...' He stopped looking down at the figures hand, gripping a petrol can, the lid flapping loosely, the others looked up fags hanging limp in there mouths, the figure brought up its other hand, flint sparking a flame
'Need a light' The figure threw the lighter landing in the middle of the group, it ignited the fuel on the ground, flames quickly spreading throughout the pool the group had walked into. The flames licked at there legs, the group began a strange dance shouting out in pain, the flames flicked at there alcohol soaked clothes racing up the trails of vodka, till the group were not just dancing in flames but their entire bodies were alight, the figure just stood there. The pain became unbearable as the fat began to surface cooking off the screams of the group must have been heard all across the city, one lurched from the circle towards the figure.
dropping the petrol can, and reaching inside its coat it thrust its arm out, the knife slid into burning boys throat with to hot supple flesh parting with ease, the boy stopping walking forward, somehow through the pain of the flames acknowledging the new pain from a different source, the gasps for breath coming out as nothing more than bubbling rasps, his eyes wide darting in every direction he watched as the flames from his body danced around the gloved hand gripping the knife his friends screams were dieing down behind him, that was when he finally saw the figures eyes reflecting the flames, wavering light, illuminating the smile, the boy could do nothing but look.

The figure threw the boy off his blade back into the circle of fire, blade slipping back into his coat, he stood looking over the group who had all but succumb, twitching as heat spasmed muscles continued to work not realising they were dead, The figure knelt breathing in the smell of the cooked meat.
The homeless man still in his doorway, was paralysed with fear at the scene, he watched the figure face still illuminated by the flames as the smile widened, the figure looked up Sirens could be heard, standing he walked away from the scene back into the shadows.
The homeless man looked on for a few more seconds, then turned over, his rag pulling back over his face
Last edited by Gaunt on Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Egg PHD
Location: 1.The act or process of locating 2.A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Dr. Egg PHD » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:11 am

you gotta love violence

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:13 am

:shock: very very good vaguely disturbing but good none the less :-D

Gaunt

Post by Gaunt » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:14 am

dont wanna be tight cast for just writing humour stuff....I prefer to write dark stuff far easier and more satisfying

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:22 am

Cool :cool:

Martial_Monk

Post by Martial_Monk » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:26 am

very sinister

Adurul

Post by Adurul » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:37 am

Nicsh

Dr. Egg PHD
Location: 1.The act or process of locating 2.A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Dr. Egg PHD » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:39 am

^^^^^he says with a mouthful of peas^^^^^^^^^

Dead Daig

Post by Dead Daig » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:02 pm

nicely done Gaunt, very nicely done!

Lord David the Denied

Post by Lord David the Denied » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:46 pm

Harsh. I like it. :-D

Satori

Post by Satori » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:50 pm

Spooky, that's what happened to me last night :?

Kamui

Post by Kamui » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:25 pm

Chaos wrote:Spooky, that's what happened to me last night :?
were you the boy who got stabbed????

Gaunt

Post by Gaunt » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:19 am

Pulling off his gloves his hand still tingled with prickly heat, he grinned rubbing it to little effect, though it wasnt so bad now as he was distracted by the burning of his muscles his whole body ached.
The climb up the fire escape had been hard but neccessary Sirens had wailed from both ends of the alley, looking down over the ledge of the roof he watched as the police and firemen moved around the mess. Well they would label it as that, he looked down upon his work with satisfaction nodding to himself, they would not understand, one day maybe, but not now, blinded by what they saw as a heinous crime they could not comprehend, it was all a means to justify an end, It made sense to him, if only they were enlightened enough to see, he nodded and grinned, but not for now, pulling away from the edge he wedged himself underneath the air-conditioning vents as the police helicopter made a pass, his long black coat once again blending him within the shadows.

The sound of the rotor blades died down, he rolled himself out from underneath, and creeped over to the other side of the building, looking down upon another alley, no police were in there, he began to descend the fire escape. Barely 20 feet from the ground, torchlights swept in at one end of the alley, pulling himself into the ladder, he tried to control his breathing, the torchlights searched the doorways.
Underneath him now as he held his breath the officers were about to check the bins, when a murmur came from further down the alley, the torchlight swiftly fixed on the sound both officers moving over at a trot, to find another homeless man struggling to sleep, they began to ask him routine questions, their backs now facing the fire escap, he took the oppurtunity to lower himself further.
His foot failed to find another rung, he was nearly 8 foot from the ground, the officers struggling to understand the homeless man, climbing back up didnt solve anything, but lowering the ladder would create too much noise, the helicopter made another pass. Hanging by the last rung he dropped footfalls masked by the rotorblades, he misjudged the angle of the ground, stumbling he fell backwards behind the bins into the pile of rubbish, the sound of glass seemed deafening, torchlight stabbed through the darkness above the bins. He fumbled inside the coat pulling the sheathed knife out and slipping it inbetween the grate of the a drain, reaching into another pocket he pulled out a half of cheap vodka, he could hear footsteps approach, this wasnt quite to plan but it would have to work, he took a deep gulp of the foul liquid mentally swaring it was more akin to meths than vodka, then he proceeded to tip a healthy portion over his shirt, he reached for another gulp but was blinded as the torchlight came over the top of the bin his free hand defending his eyes from the light.

'You up now!' The officer said with authority, the slumped man infront of him, struggled to find purchase amongst the bin bags.
'Hows about you put the bottle down, you'll get up easier' The man clutched the bottle to his chest, the other officer wandered over having finished with the homeless man, the first officer looked up at his comrade and shook his head, the man took the unwatched moment to rub his eyes with grit on his finger.
'Anything?' the second asked
'Doubt it, looks like we just found a drunk' The man stumbled to his feet, tears welling up around his now red eyes, the officers turned to him
'Now, mind telling us what your doing here?' The figure swayed, a tear snaked down his cheek
'I'm sorry' he half choked, the officer raised an eyebrow
'And what are you sorry about?' The man went to take another swig from the nearly empty bottle.
'Hows about you give me that bottle first eh?' The man stopped the bottle at his lips sagged and handed it over
'Now what are you doing here?' The figure took a deep breath and choked back another another tear, the grit still lodged under his eyelid
'The boss is givin me grief, I came out for one drink I sware' The officers noses couldnt help but twitch as the noxious fumes traveled on the mans words
'One drink?' the man looked guilty
'It was supposed to be one, but then I have work tomorrow and so I had a few more' He gestured to the bins
'I just wanted to lie down a minute' The officers face remained neutral, the man swayed, the other officer caught his arm
'Maybe you should sleep it off in out cell eh?' The man didnt resist and continued to apologise, as they two officers led him down the alley asking him questions.
The main street was bathed in flashing lights, police tape cordened off the next alley. The Officers took the man towards their squad car, his free arm covering his blood shot eyes from the dazzling lights, they opened the rear door when a voice came from over their shoudlers.
'What you doing with him?' Another officer approached
'Serg' taking him back to the nick' The sergeant looked at the man and back at the officers
'Why?'
'Drunk sir, let him sleep it off back in the cells' the sergeant looked at the figure
'You see anything son?' The man looked down and shook his head squinting at the lights, the sergeant looked quizzically at the officers
'He'd fallen asleep behind some bins down there' The sergeant shook his head
'Well we aint got time to be dealing with drunks, I need you out combing the area. Sir do you know your way to the taxi rank?' The man nodded
'Well then I suggest you go straight there and go home sleep it off' The figure nodded again
'I'm sorry if i caused trouble...my boss is giving me grie...' The sergeant stopped him with an uninterested hand as his gaze returned to the taped up alley.
'Go home' the sergeant walked off, the two officers walked the man to the end of the road, the man apologised once again, slowerly meandering down the street, until he was out of sight, then picked up to a brisk walk, finally able to see to his grit induced tears.
The taxi rank was quiet, a couple of engines idled though most drivers took the quiet time to catch up on the previous weeks sleep, the man slumped into the first idling taxi.
'Your late lad, bars closed over an hour ago' The man shrugged
'Fell asleep in a corner, staff didnt notice me till they went to leave' the cabby chuckled
'So ya had a good night then' The man looked up, smile creeping upon his lips again
'Yeah, you could say that'
Last edited by Gaunt on Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dead Daig

Post by Dead Daig » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:23 am

ooh, more mysteries abound...who is this dark-clad stranger? what is he up to? what is his ultimate plan? keep it up gaunt, they rock!

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:26 am

Awesome, truly awesome :???: