Discuss your hobby with other sword enthusiasts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Alex S

Question on UK price of Hanwei Tsunami

Post by Alex S » Sat May 20, 2006 1:43 pm

Hello all, I'm new here.

I found this the other day:-

**Mod Edit...no links to other blade retailers.**

Tsunami Katana @ 199.95 + p&p. Does this sound too good to be true? Other UK Hanwei dealers sell this sword for over £400. I emailed the company regarding the unusually low price and the Gentleman told me that they are "selling off our stock".

I realise it may be bad manners to inquire about a competing UK retailer's prices to Blades UK, apologies, but the above certainly did catch my eye...

All thoughts welcome.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sat May 20, 2006 2:51 pm

Unfortunately it is against the forum rules to post links to other sword retailers. If you are certain that the sword is legit then at that price its a bargain. Might be worth checking on their returns policy just in case. Also maybe contacting other retailers if they advertise a price matching policy. Choice is yours in the end though mate best of luck :D

wtf?

Post by wtf? » Sat May 20, 2006 3:21 pm

blades UK price match i believe, so as long as the other retailer has the blade in stock, loz should price match it... unless he decides he doesnt want his profit to take a bashing.

the price match will be based on how much it will be to get the blade to your doorstep. after V.A.T (in case its not included in the price), and postage. i know of 2 retailers that sell the blade for that price, so it should be an issue. and i also know that soe retailers sell at cost, or bellow for tax reasons, or end of line... so its most likely genuine.

a mate of mine runs a guitar shop, and by selling me, and another friend 2 les pauls at £20 each, he managed to save himself a couple of thousand pounds in tax. has something to do with margins, and min/max incomes, etc.... we were happy either way. its a usefull, and legal way to fiddle taxes a lil.

Moon

Post by Moon » Sat May 20, 2006 3:54 pm

The PC Tsunami is out of stock on the B-UK site so a price match can't be offered.
I've looked at the site which was posted and it all seems OK to me.
P&P is £13:95 to Mainland U.K... I think... and the returns policy reads:-

How do I return goods if I change my mind?
We offer a full money back guarantee (less postage costs) on all our items providing goods are returned in original packaging and condition of despatch 7 days after date of receipt. If you wish to return goods simply email (see contacts page for email address) and we will make the arrangements with you.

If goods are received damaged via transit we must be notified as soon as possible but no longer than 5 days of receipt otherwise no refunds or replacements will be issued. Before signing for received goods it is important the customer checks for parcel damage and if parcel damage is noted the customer must make a note on the delivery document. For all warranty claims on our sporting and leisure goods please be aware that the customer is responsible for postage costs both ways.
Seems like a good deal but the choice has to be yours.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Sat May 20, 2006 4:45 pm

Cant see B-UK taking a £200 loss but I could be wrong

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sat May 20, 2006 4:47 pm

wtf? wrote:blades UK price match i believe, so as long as the other retailer has the blade in stock, loz should price match it... unless he decides he doesnt want his profit to take a bashing.

the price match will be based on how much it will be to get the blade to your doorstep. after V.A.T (in case its not included in the price), and postage. i know of 2 retailers that sell the blade for that price, so it should be an issue. and i also know that soe retailers sell at cost, or bellow for tax reasons, or end of line... so its most likely genuine.

a mate of mine runs a guitar shop, and by selling me, and another friend 2 les pauls at £20 each, he managed to save himself a couple of thousand pounds in tax. has something to do with margins, and min/max incomes, etc.... we were happy either way. its a usefull, and legal way to fiddle taxes a lil.
Depends whether its part of a sale or not to be fair, there are terms and conditions of the price match policy

wtf?

Post by wtf? » Sat May 20, 2006 5:02 pm

Angelus wrote:
wtf? wrote:blades UK price match i believe, so as long as the other retailer has the blade in stock, loz should price match it... unless he decides he doesnt want his profit to take a bashing.

Depends whether its part of a sale or not to be fair, there are terms and conditions of the price match policy
the 2 sites ive seen it advertised were selling the blade as normal stock. either way... doesnt say anything about 'sale items' on the terms and conditions bit.
We will Beat Any Quote
We believe we are the cheapest UK Blade supplier but should you find any cheaper legitimate price from any other retailer we will happily beat it for you (following Terms and Conditions apply)

Our Common Sense Terms and Conditions

1. The Definition of 'Quote' is the full price you would be paying to have the item/s delivered to your door, all costs inclusive, not the item price as these are often subject to hidden costs.
2. Must be for the same product from the same manufacturer and in the same condition (brand new).
3. The offer is subject to the same purchase conditions as the other retailer.
4. Only UK sites selling goods from within the U.K 5. The offer is completed at the time of sale.
6. Blades-UK reserves the right to remove this offer at any time.
7. This offer is only available to a maximum of three items per customer.
by my workings, thats £214 (bar the pennys) for cost, as per rule 1.

same sword made by the same company, as per rule 2.

there are no conditions of sale for the other site, as per rule 3.

its a UK site as per rule 4.

the offer would be completed before or during sale as per rule 5

6, and 7 are moot really. they may decide to take the offer away if they dont want to loose £200, and as long as the poster hasnt discounted 3 things already, then 7 is nothing important.

moon pointed out that the blade was 'out of stock' on the main page, but i know that B-UK doesnt really upkeep the site as well as it coud, and that sometimes things slip by, so it may be worth calling.

Alex S

Post by Alex S » Sat May 20, 2006 6:52 pm

Thankyou all so much for taking the time out, but as it happens I've gone ahead and put an order in with the other retailer. Hopefully all will check out *crosses fingers*. Naturally I'll have to closely check the sword over to look for any defects/damages when I get it.

Wish me luck.

HatchA

Post by HatchA » Sat May 20, 2006 7:09 pm

wtf? wrote: a mate of mine runs a guitar shop, and by selling me, and another friend 2 les pauls at £20 each, he managed to save himself a couple of thousand pounds in tax. has something to do with margins, and min/max incomes, etc.... we were happy either way. its a usefull, and legal way to fiddle taxes a lil.
next time he wants to save a few thou on an Explorer.... send him my way pal ;)

wtf?

Post by wtf? » Sat May 20, 2006 7:26 pm

HatchA wrote:
wtf? wrote: a mate of mine runs a guitar shop, and by selling me, and another friend 2 les pauls at £20 each, he managed to save himself a couple of thousand pounds in tax. has something to do with margins, and min/max incomes, etc.... we were happy either way. its a usefull, and legal way to fiddle taxes a lil.
next time he wants to save a few thou on an Explorer.... send him my way pal ;)
over the years, i got a James Hetfield Mk III explorer (the one with steel plating), a custom B.C. Rich Warlock, and a Les Paul. at about £300 the lot... im quite pleased. lol

but i guess i could post the details of any in the future should he want to fiddle the tax again. lol

Moon

Post by Moon » Sat May 20, 2006 8:51 pm

Larny Boy wrote:Cant see B-UK taking a £200 loss but I could be wrong
It's £360 for the Tsunami through Loz,splitting hairs I know but still seems like a hell of a price difference though I must agree.
The rest of the PC range offered are more or less on par but most are out of stock.
Could this be the end of the line for the Tsunami,as we know it :S.....or are the cheaper ones 'seconds'.
I don't think I'm breaking the rules when I state that it's fairly common knowledge that blades which are rejected by companies like B-UK end up being sold on certain auction websites and some on-line dealers who don't give a sh*t about customer service.
Alex S wrote:Thankyou all so much for taking the time out, but as it happens I've gone ahead and put an order in with the other retailer. Hopefully all will check out *crosses fingers*. Naturally I'll have to closely check the sword over to look for any defects/damages when I get it.
Let us know what you think of it m8.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Sat May 20, 2006 10:01 pm

Sorry I missed the link earlier but where is this retailer based? If its from abroad you've got Customs fees to consider too

Moon

Post by Moon » Sat May 20, 2006 10:23 pm

Larny Boy wrote:Sorry I missed the link earlier but where is this retailer based? If its from abroad you've got Customs fees to consider too
Based in U.K.

Caladras

Post by Caladras » Sat May 20, 2006 10:51 pm

Think I found the site, didn't get here until the link was removed and I dunno, if it's the right website it doesn't smell right to me, well we'll find out I guess...

Alex S

Post by Alex S » Sat May 20, 2006 11:15 pm

Are we allowed to give a name of the site/company without direct linkage?

All the other Hanwei lineup are in the same price range as the other UK dealers... Only slightly unusual thing is that they also sell golfing equipment, mobility carts, trampolines :eek1:. Or maybe not so unusual, you decide...