Sayas

Discuss your hobby with other sword enthusiasts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Lexxorcist

Sayas

Post by Lexxorcist » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:45 pm

I noticed Blades UK sell replacement sayas for the PK's (or PPK's), but is it possible to buy laquered sayas for the PP series katanas and wakis? I really don't like the ones they come with. I don't want to fork out to have one made, I just wondered (without mentioning suppliers of course) if they're availble anywhere.

Banzai Joe

Post by Banzai Joe » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:47 pm

If the sori (cruve) for the PK is the same as the PPK, then just buy one of those. I'm using a PK saya for my nami iaito.

Lexxorcist

Post by Lexxorcist » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:03 pm

So you can get replacement sayas for the PK's then? I can only find the replacement PPK ones on blades uk, but if they're available elsewhere I'll have another google. I'm after a PW style PPW one too.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:26 pm

Just the PPK ones are sold by Blades and they dont guarantee a perfect fit for obvious reasons.

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:20 pm

Or you could just send the original saya off to someone to get customised :D

Lexxorcist

Post by Lexxorcist » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:25 pm

Blackbird wrote:Or you could just send the original saya off to someone to get customised :D
I wonder who could do that hmm? lol. The thing is I don't want it customised, I want it replaced with the laquered type. I hate the PPW saya. I hate the curved end and I hate the texture. Im sure it's more resiliant to damage than the laquered ones but to me, it looks crap. When you think about it, about 75% of what you see when you look at a displayed katana or waki is the saya. The PPK one's aren't quite so bad as they have a flat end. The PPW ones look like they're meant for toy plastic swords to me.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:35 pm

See I much preferthe curved ends and I wish the katanas had them too. I've always thought should match though :S

Lexxorcist

Post by Lexxorcist » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:36 pm

Larny Boy wrote:See I much preferthe curved ends and I wish the katanas had them too. I've always thought should match though :S
I probably could live with the curved end if it was laquered, and as you say, it'd help if they matched.