Strongest sword by hanwei

Discuss your hobby with other sword enthusiasts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

darkphoton1

Strongest sword by hanwei

Post by darkphoton1 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:10 am

which of the hanwei swords has the strongest blade?

i heard the tiger was very strong but i dont know about the others

OneThing
Location: Asking where I am implies time and space exist, a point I am not willing to concede

Re: Strongest sword by hanwei

Post by OneThing » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:50 am

darkphoton1 wrote:which of the hanwei swords has the strongest blade?

i heard the tiger was very strong but i dont know about the others
Strongest in whish way? In general all the Katana's will be made to appoximat the same hardness, spine and edge (same as other Kats not front sameas the back) so in general...thicker the blade the harder it will be to break( long as its tempered properly)

So..by all that either the Tiger or Tsunami would be quite strong...PFK is also quite thick but as its cheaper it has lower quality control so you never know. In general though they should all hold up to anything you want to put them through providing you aint thinking silly.

Hope this helps
Small but growing collection of swords : William Marshall knightly sword, Dark Sentinal, Banshee, Practical Fantasy Katana
Still to come...More Money

darkphoton1

Post by darkphoton1 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:57 am

how does the bushido compare with the tsunami and the ppk?

OneThing
Location: Asking where I am implies time and space exist, a point I am not willing to concede

Post by OneThing » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:23 pm

Not a clue mate. Fraid I only have the PFK...only person i know who had pretty much all the chen line was Morgan but he's not been seen for a long time

anyone else?
Small but growing collection of swords : William Marshall knightly sword, Dark Sentinal, Banshee, Practical Fantasy Katana
Still to come...More Money

darksun_uk
Mod

Post by darksun_uk » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:17 pm

while there is some debate as to the merits of folding in terms of adding a small (virtually nil) level of strength to a blade the shape and thickness of the blade style is much more important, therefore the thicker heavy blades will be the strongest in simple terms for example the wind and thunder,

however no matter the blade if the person cutting is not skilled or is cutting a harder target than there skill warrants ANY sword will bend chip shatter and otherwise fail.

in my opinion the strongest hanwei blades would be the swedish powder blades (folded tiger bushisdo etc) then the W+T then the mid range starting with the gen 1 GO...

kind regards

darkphoton1

Post by darkphoton1 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:37 pm

ive been thinking about buying the bushido. i wish they did it in black.

Lexxorcist

Post by Lexxorcist » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:51 pm

Mmm Bushdioooo... *does homer drool*. Hopefully I'll be ordering mine in the next few weeks. Brown's a funny colour but pfft, I'll live with it. :D

darkphoton1

Post by darkphoton1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:29 pm

im almost certain now im going to buy a W & T ltd ed.

unless some other feedback sways my favour.

i think its suited for me, as i am 6 foot 2 and the other katanas seem just kind of lighter. i know the PPK is too light for me so i was thinking of something a bit more beefy.

Lexxorcist

Post by Lexxorcist » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:09 pm

darkphoton1 wrote:im almost certain now im going to buy a W & T ltd ed.

unless some other feedback sways my favour.

i think its suited for me, as i am 6 foot 2 and the other katanas seem just kind of lighter. i know the PPK is too light for me so i was thinking of something a bit more beefy.
Well for what my opinion's worth, If you're actually planning on using it that sounds like a reasonable choice.

Solutech

Post by Solutech » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:47 pm

Its heavy . Will make your ppk seem very light . The power it develops is incredible . You need good control to pull it up . Looks wise its a beauty . Your eyes get sucked into the saya almost its so glossy .
"I was at Woodstock . I fed on a flower person and spent the next six hours watching my hand"

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm softbits mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
=p =P =b :B ;p ;b ;P
Love is ...... Always fetching the tissue .
Wtf wrote: and you can stick that sword up your arse, chief

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:55 pm

Solutech wrote:Its heavy . Will make your ppk seem very light . The power it develops is incredible . You need good control to pull it up . Looks wise its a beauty . Your eyes get sucked into the saya almost its so glossy .
I'll agree with that, really surprised me how heavy it was. It is a very nice sword and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Remember though, play safe or don't play at all.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:04 pm

The W&T is still on my to buy list in the near future, but for I think its a little too heavy compared to a perfectly balanced katana. I have a varied selection of Chen katanas and for me the Bushido is perfect in every way. the blade is the perfect lengh, the weight is perfect and the tsuka isn't overly long like the PFK, MMD and GO's are.

I'd also like to request that this doesn't turn into another 4 page bloated thread like your last one. You've got our answers regarding this now so hopefully this thread will not need to get any longer.
Pimp or die baby!