SS dagger

Discuss your hobby with other sword enthusiasts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

kirisute

SS dagger

Postby kirisute » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:11 pm

i have literally just recieved this from a good friend. It is of little interest to me in any way shape or form....

for what i assume is nothing more than a costume piece it seems quiet well made:
certainly appears to be full tang with a nut assembly on the pommel..overall its nearly 15 inches long with a ,seemingly solid, diamond section blade measuring just over 8.5 inches.
its blunt but has a sharp point...handle appears to be a resin/plastic with metal SS and eagle motif. Scabbard seems to be metal, with metal chrome plated chape but a good solid fit for the blade. Blade engraving reads "my Honour is my Loyalty"...i think..LOL
Last edited by kirisute on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moon

Postby Moon » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:17 pm

It may be original as these daggers were given to Waffen SS soldiers when they made Officer rank and were only designed as part of their dress uniform and not for combat and I think there may have been little,if any,call for reproductions after WWII but don't quote me on that.
The Motto is "Meine Ehre Heist Treue" (My Honour is Loyalty) made up by Heinrich Himmler and may well be sought after by some WWII militaria collectors,I saw one once that looked the same as this as best I can recall and it reached over $100 in about 2 days before it was withdrawn.
A certain online auction website refuses to list these items or may list them but they usually get 'pulled' after a few days just like most items bearing a swastika or SS emblem...yours appears to have both.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

kirisute

Postby kirisute » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:00 pm

it certainly does...though a quick browse of the internet will reveal similar for sale as "reprodutions" for about the $40 mark.....
either way...if anybody wants one for their collection id rather it was swapped into a good home than left on my shelf gathering dust! LOL

Moon

Postby Moon » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:10 am

Yeah...I see them now,shoulda done a thorough search before posting but I was just going on my old memory. :oops:
The lower band,ring and chain is missing on yours too...so if yours is a repro' that can be bought for $40US intact...would you be prepared to swap it for an expired credit card in excellent condition which bears my real name and authentic signature which will be worth an absolute fortune in the future. :D

Seriously though...I'd keep it...it was a gift after all. ;)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

kirisute

Postby kirisute » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:44 am

oh Sir...you do tempt me! would you be willing to throw in a small pickeled egg? if so then the deal is set! :D

i will keep it safe...maybe someone will happen by this thread and think it worthy of their collection....it just looks silly hung amongst mine.....Ninjato, medieval longsword, viking sword, and 2 katana....(well thats whats on the wall anyway) it just doesnt suit and ones interior design sensibilities are thrown all into state! hehehe

by the by...i notice in your profile that you shoot....game? or clays? or simply target?....down here in the wild depths of norfolk im somewhat prone to stalking small furry woodland creatures.....my brothers a game keeper on about 3 different shoots...which keeps us both busy! LOL

Moon

Postby Moon » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:26 pm

kirisute wrote:by the by...i notice in your profile that you shoot....game? or clays? or simply target?....down here in the wild depths of norfolk im somewhat prone to stalking small furry woodland creatures.....my brothers a game keeper on about 3 different shoots...which keeps us both busy! LOL

I used to do a bit of clay and rough but nowadays I only go out with a gun during and for a few weeks after the lambing season,mainly because of a dog problem on the local farms and I have never shot a single one but when the locals know there's a chance that they may lose their dog,they tend to keep a closer eye on them and not let them stray.
Thanks for reminding me about my profile,I'd forgotten about it. ;)

kirisute

Postby kirisute » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:48 pm

ADMIN EDIT - sorry you cant trade that way on B-UK.

Caffeinated

Loz.....

Postby Caffeinated » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 pm

How do I contact you Loz,I have tried many different routes,but am unable to get a message to you.

Lucius Vorenus

Postby Lucius Vorenus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:17 pm

Just so you know Larnz aint loz, loz is lawerence the owner of BUK, Larnz is the chap who admins this website. If you want to speak to loz simply pick the phone up and call BUK

Works for me :roll:
"RALLY TO ME"

RazorOsiris

Postby RazorOsiris » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:23 pm

Lucius Vorenus wrote:Just so you know Larnz aint loz, loz is lawerence the owner of BUK, Larnz is the chap who admins this website. If you want to speak to loz simply pick the phone up and call BUK

Works for me :roll:

So loz and larnz and larnz ain't BUK! so is loz BUk or is larnz BUK, or is Buk just BUk and neither larnz or loz!

say that 10 times after 10 strongbows!

Beeeeggeee beeeeggeee beeeggee BUK ur mind kinda guy!
Per Ardua Ad Astra

RazorOsiris

Postby RazorOsiris » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:23 pm

im on my second by the way :GGe
Per Ardua Ad Astra

MrLight

Re: SS dagger

Postby MrLight » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:45 pm

hmmm.. what is SS dagger? can you post some picture of it? thanks

Love this forum.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Justice is the loveliest And health is the best But the sweetest to obtain Is the heart's desire.
daggers
Last edited by MrLight on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

the blade master

Re: SS dagger

Postby the blade master » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:30 pm

hi
heres a pic of whats commonley refered to as a ss or nazi dagger see moons discription for better details

the inscription on this blade reads (alles fur deutchland) the litteral translation reads (all for germany)
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Return to “The Cutting Edge”